Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Getting hooked

4K views 42 replies 28 participants last post by  KC Jayhawk 78 
#1 ·
Well its official I proposed to Julie in September. She accepted and were getting "hooked" on April 29th at 4:00 pm. We would like to invite any fellow catters to attend and celebrate with us at the wedding dance afterwards.

We tried to set the wedding to take place at the Missouri river but because of unpredictable Kansas weather we decided to have it at a church. Also Julie was worried that I would have Gary stash some fishing poles and shad near by. LOL

#2 ·
Congrats to you Geoff
I had a friend that got married on the Missouri in Bellvue Neb.
They rented the belle of brownville paddle boat and had the reception on it also. It was a lot of fun.
Wish you both the best and dont forget to take the shad outta your pockets.

#7 ·
Hey Geoff, Congratulations, Brother!!! Glad to here you found someone that can tolerate your fishing habits, LOL!!!
I guess since you are getting married on the 29th of april, you are planning the honeymoon around the official flathead spring feed right,LMAO!!!

All kidding aside,I hope You and Julie have a wonderful life together!!!
I hope that you and your new wife will have as many happy years together as my wife and I have had. We have been married for 22 great years and looking for 22 more:)

#8 ·
Geoff and Julie, me and the Frau would like to wish you both our congratulations, and a long, healthy and happy life together. Stick together through the trials and tribulations and they'll bond you together forever. Lydia and me are starting on our 47th year this year, we're looking forward to our 50th. GOOD LUCK!

#9 ·
Dreadnaught said:
Hey Geoff, Congratulations, Brother!!! Glad to here you found someone that can tolerate your fishing habits, LOL!!!
I guess since you are getting married on the 29th of april, you are planning the honeymoon around the official flathead spring feed right,LMAO!!!

All kidding aside,I hope You and Julie have a wonderful life together!!!
I hope that you and your new wife will have as many happy years together as my wife and I have had. We have been married for 22 great years and looking for 22 more:)
Dreadnaught actually around here April 29th is the height of blue cat season on the Missouri. For the last several seasons we have determined that the last week of April/first 2 weeks of May is when the best bite happens. Julie was very understanding and scheduled the wedding around my blue-cat plans. LMAO

Thanks for the congrats. I see us being together for along time. She makes me complete.

#10 ·
Gary,
Whats plan "B"? LOL

Chris, Thanks for the congrats hopefully we'll be able to meet sometime this year for some fishing. I'll probably make it to Keystone this year for the gathering.

Jim,
Thanks for the advice. I hope to make it to Milford this year to fish with you.

Everybody thanks for the congrats. I hope to see some of the BOC at the wedding. Anybody who's interested in attending just send me a PM and I'll send you a reply.

#24 ·
First of all I wish you many happy days. Marriage is not 50/50 its 100/100. My wife never hunted and did very little fishing. Her first gift was a pockeknife followed by a .22 rifle. Several boats and campers have followed. A family who plays together stays together.

Keep the wind too your face and the sun to your back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.