Getting frustrated

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by dieselcat, Jul 26, 2009.

1. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Friend and i went out last night here aroud washington,caught one 5-6lb channel.i go out at-least 2 times a week and haven't been having any luck.Is anyone else been doing this good? lol.i have tried everything.

Deep,shallow,fast,slow and nothing.tried fresh shad,skipps,live and cut bluegill and nothing.I'm am not going to be happy till i land a hog,but going out and not catching anything is getting very old.

Anyone mind sharing what they have been haveing luck with around washington-New Haven area? or anywhere on the missouri for that matter.

2. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    give it time they will come. i have been there myself. but just look at some of the posts. people are begining to bring in good ones more and more consistently, and we are really starting to see some beat up fish. that means some are off the nests, and the rest will follow. hang in there, you cant win if you dont play.

3. shawn 314

shawn 314 New Member

State:
    st. louis
    Hey shane you sound like me pal but don't give up it'll pay off here in the next few weeks are so

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Things have been tough this year on the Missouri, but just remember all sickness ain't death. Stick with it and your day will come. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

5. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    I'm trying to hang in there,but times like these make it hard to be patient.I know fish bite at all times of the day and night but,in yall's opinion when have you had best luck catching the pigs?Now that i think about it i have caught most of my biggest fish during the day time on trot lines.The 81lb albino my friend and i caught was a daytime fish!

Thanks

6. jim700

jim700 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Man i have been fishing it hard for the past four days from the osage to the gasconade and a few smaller lakes and i havent caught one cat yet. Last night i got a few bites but ended up catching three turtles. I have been hitting the water hard and no luck but im going on hold for the next two weeks until mid august, from what ive read on here the bite is gonna be on mid aug early sept so ill be ready to hit the water then. Until then im going to make some homeade bait and stock up on live bait in my new tank i made. For everyone fishing good luck its tough out there right now.

7. dieselcat

dieselcat New Member

State:
    Washington, Mis
    Yep think ill just keep reading and letting info sink in,that way i don't get burnt out on not catching em when they are not biting anyway.:wink:Just can't wait till my time comes to see a 50lb plus, slaammm my rod down to the water.I have caught big fish most of my life on trotlines,but never on the reel and rod.My PB is a 25lb blue on a pole and thats just a baby in my eyes.

8. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    its been slow for all of us. in a couple weeks i hope to stick that pig

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    It's been pretty slow that's for sure all around. Some have had good luck but all in all it has been some what slower then usual. Hang in there your luck will turn for the best.