Getting friends on fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by adamj, Jun 30, 2009.

1. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    How many of you that are experienced with flatheads or blues have taken friends out to get on some big fish? I'm going to be taking a lifelong friend of mine that hasn't been to the dark side (flatheads) yet, and I've only got about 5 hours to get him hooked into something. I'm probably going to stick with the logjam pattern. How would you fish and what would you do to get a big fish for your friend?

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fishing logjams has been working for you so i would stick with this. I took a friend out last night and in my attempt to put him on some fish i let him cast in first then hung my bait in the trees so i knew he'd get the bites. :wink::smile2:

3. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    Seems like flathead fishing for at least large fish 40+ is hit and miss at best. Try to pattern fish and put in alot of time and sooner or later big boy will hit. Well I'm hoping for at least a 20lber for him.

4. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Stick with what you know is working and luck will take care of the rest.

I started showing a friend of mine my spots since he just recentley moved to Iowa from Oklahoma, He has been kicking our A$$'s ever since in the big fish department :smile2::smile2:

5. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't promise anything!!!!! I can get them to a spot the rest is up to the person fishing. No pressure that way.:big_smile:

6. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have found that the pressure of putting people on fish can make you do things you normally wouldn't do. best just to stick to your game plan, if it aint broke dont fix it, and anyone that goes out with me knows clear and well that it is what it is...Fishing not catching...LMAO:eek:oooh::smile2::smile2:

7. CatHunter24

CatHunter24 New Member

State:
    Dayton, Ohio

Travis sure has put me on some hall of fame channels and a sumo Drum, so he can put ya on the fish :smile2:

8. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Logjams are the best to be working so i would stick with it. The 5 hrs may just be the right timing.

9. rasmotherman

rasmotherman New Member

State:
    salineville, ohio
    okay adam i will be in toledo tomorrow morning. when and where are we going? i expect a 60lber

10. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    opps I accidentally removed your thanks. We ended up getting a 13 and a 14. He got the 14. We got poured on almost the whole time.

11. adamj

adamj New Member

State:
    buckeye land
    If I could figure out how to catch a 60 I would!

12. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    seems every single time I try to put a buddy or relative onto flatties we both get skunked- It's an aggravating phenomenon lol. But I agree- stick to whats been workin'!holes+logjams.

13. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Its very simple my friend, just follow these easy steps:

1. Find a friend or aquaintance who has never fished in there life.

2. Offer to take them out catfishing

3. Take them to your favorite spot.

4. Sit back and watch them catch fish after fish, including big fish, mean while your poles sway in the breeze. That is how it works every time, the new guys always land the nice ones....LMAO:smile2: