Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
They're calling for record early snow falls for Johnstown and possibly Altoona. With flurries in our area. Indian summer is wishful thinking. That's what the last three winters were in my estimation. One can only hope and pray. :wink:

Ray

PS Hey Joe, what about the bite in a snow fall? :big_smile:
I will be the first to tell you about it:smile2:

I gonna find a way to go fishing. I just bought a brand new
Penn Rod and Okuma baitrunner and I want to get it on the water
Just take it outside Joe. Within a minute it'll be "on the water." :smile2::smile2::smile2: Seriously I hope that this new outfit serves you very well for years to come. :wink: Go get some of those Octoraro channel cats.

Ray

Enlighten me dawg, I never targeted them.:big_smile:

Haven't even ever saw one in this stretch.:sad2:
break out your jigs, tip them with minnows and hit blue marsh, atleast ya won't have'ta deal with jet skier's and pleasure boaters this time of year, i think i'm gonna start hittin the marsh for the musky and striper bite before the lake freezes in a couple weeks:eek:oooh::smile2:

Enlighten me dawg, I never targeted them.:big_smile:

Haven't even ever saw one in this stretch.:sad2:
I dont know too much but I plan on finding alot out this fall/winter I do know that they prefer rocky bottoms and my best way to find them is to troll or backtroll with a slip sinker rig and a floating jig head with a fathead minnow or small shiner. Caught a few but I never really had much time on my hands for them.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.