getting bored with everyday living

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by beakus, May 15, 2008.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    what is the secret to not getting bored?i mean it is the same ol crap day after day,anymore i get to where i dont even make any plans becuse i know there is going to be some reason that they will get changed for me.it seems like anymore alot of people cant do a darn thing for themselfs,they have to have somebody hold there hand threw everything.you just want to tell them to pick there nuts up and go on.i know that i'm going to look back in a few months and wonder where the summer went and wished i would have fished or camped more,then somebody is going to say why did'nt you go more often and the whole reason was becuse i was busy helping them with all of there crap.i guess i just get the shaft for trying to be a good person and put other people first.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'll help anyone who's willing to help themselves. Alot of folks only want MORE help if ya help em at all. When it's time for me to fish or hunt, i'm a lil' harder to get help from.:smile2:

3. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Sometimes you have to pick up your own nutz and tell em to go get lost.

They wont ever be able to help themselves if you keep holding thier hand thru everything.I speak with experience not just in my personal life but also from previous jobs I have held.Most notably Derrick Hand on a drilling rig.

If you keep doing things for the guys under you in that job you will end up a very tired and broken person.After a few months I got to be known as a harda-- because I didnt hold anyone hand all day like other derrick hands do.

Anyhow make a plan for a fishing trip and if something comes up tell the imposing party to suck it up and figure things out on thier own.

Sometimes you just have to be blunt.

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    just say no. working on an altruistic plane is noble but you can't be selfless all the time. plan something and go do it. i like to help others but if i have plans i am going with my plans . if your bleeding and need help i'll stop what i'm doing and give you a ride to the er but if your cat is under the house haveing kittens i'm probably going fishing. saying no is healthy.

5. winston61

winston61 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Part of the problem is that the people we indulge get used to the attention/help and they expect it. Being selfless is a genuine gift, but gifts can get used up. It is perfectly acceptable to sometimes say no. And mean it. You don't have to be unkind, just firm. But keep yourself straight in the water, don't get hard and cruel. Those closest to you will understand and not give you any crap about it. Those who do not understand do not deserve your thoughts. It was hard for me to get over feeling guilty for saying no, but I got over it.

6. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    thanks guys will do

7. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No body can take advantage of you without your permission.

8. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The solution to your problem is simple, SAY NO!!!!

9. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    i feel ya brother. i have felt like that in the past and still do sometimes. i learned a long time ago to say no and yes sometimes people get mad at ya and you feel guilty but you have your own life to live too. i still sometimes find myself getting roped into doing things for others but thats just the price of being a nice guy i guess. but i don't do it nearly as often as i used to. what really irks me are the people who you never ever hear from accept when they need something. those people always get a no from me. if you can't find the time to call or visit once in while what makes you think that i have the time to drop everything to help you out. well i am starting to get irritated just thinking about this so all i can say is life is too short to be everybody's lifeline so make sure you make some time for yourself or you will go nuts.

10. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I agree with the others, I help alot of people out all the time and as much as I can, I enjoy it. People seem to find me daily with can you fix this, or weld this or build this. But you have to learn to make time for yourself and stick to it. Like someone else said " Just say no" as much as I want to help folks I also have a full time job and need some time to myself and family. Just last week someone was given me a long story about how they really needed a couple storms doors installed and HD wanted so much and could I do it. I was just honest with them, I knew I didn't have time, I had a few other things going on. I'll always remember the old saying that a guy told me years ago when he saw me being wore into the ground with other peoples projects..."Nice guys finish last" I believe in some cases that's true cause with some people it's the more you give the more they want. Ya gotta have priorities.... JMO :big_smile:

11. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Only you can take control of your destiny, whether the next ten years or ten minutes. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Take the time to plan and then follow the plan. If someone attempts to change that plan, YOU make the decision to stray from the plan or not. If someone asks you to do something, you are perfecly within your rights to say I'd love to help but these plans have already been made. Would next Tuesday help at all?

Or, you can say no. What is the worst thing that can happen? Do you cease being friends with others if they can't help you exactly when you want? Of course not.

Good Luck,
    Shawn

12. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    when someone says "we are" when i have not planed it out with them i simpley ask if they have a monkey in there pocket because i know there not talking about me in there plans if they did not ask me first i had other plans too. some times you just need to be mean and say heck no, get someone else. i have plans, and as far getting out to do someting , best slogan i ever heard is " just do it"

13. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    I have this problem quite often. I'm the primary caregiver for my mom, who is disabled. Obviously, if she needs me to do something I do it. But my sister only lives about 100 yards from her door, and is only there on the weekends and just barely then. But karma has a way of showing up, and it will eventually bite her in the butt. I'm just waiting!:angry:
    Deb

14. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    hang in there deb,i like to think in the end we will prevail!:big_smile: