Getting better.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by ozzy, Jan 8, 2009.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I havent shot in a couple weeks due to either work, being sick or something else in the way. I got off work early so I flung some sticks today. Here's a 4 shot at 30 yds. I think a little break helped me out alot. Cant wait to deflate something.

Attached Files:

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Stack em much tighter partner, you'll be buyin more arrows.:wink: Good shooting. I had confidence in ya from the get-go.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Well I gotta thank you, Mark, and Willie with all the help, now I gotta keep shooting.

4. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Right on, brother. You've tightened that group up really nice. Now start shooting from unknown yardages, and from elevated platforms. You ever hear of a "kick target"? it's a cube with targets on all sides. Kick it out and start shooting at it. They really help teaching you how to guess yardages..

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Ozzy, you must be part engine :smile2:, Great shooting!

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Mike,Thats pretty good,I admire all of you bowhunters,I just dont have the knack for it.

7. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Ozzy,
    You're REALLY gonna dig it, when you see the fletching disappear through some hair!!!

Good shooting!!

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Dang ozzy your doing great slinging those stick's....Now you need to make it back to Cali to hunt some HUGE Hog's:wink:

9. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    WOW MIKE! Great shooting. Wild game is going to be scared of you.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Wow Ozz man thats some good shooting I just started dinkin and have a ways to go ....yer kicking butt bro very nice!

11. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I have one that Ive used in my warehouse a few times. The place Ive been shooting at has a few little hills and draws to shoot from, gonna start throwing it out. I was talking to a couple of other bowers today and they told me about a trail or maze that I didnt know about out in the brush with markers and such, basically a home made 3d shoot.

12. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Nice shooting Ozzy! Time to do the kick target or some good old stump hunting!

13. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    That's scary good! Dead nuts shooting! Keep it up bro. I know guys including myself that would be proud to shoot like that at 30 yds. Nice and tight group. Looks like your form and anchor is solid and the shots are going off really nice!! Incredible. That rocks!!:wink:

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I can't call the name of the points but it is for small game and has springs on it. Anyway for good practice, throw plastic pop bottles at unknown distances and shoot. Sounds like a shotgun when ya make contact. Good for rabbits too. I can't shoot them in these mountains but they are alot of fun on dirt or sand.

15. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I can't call the name of the points but it is for small game and has springs on it. What the points are called is Judo Points. They're great for small game like rabbits, squirrels and the such. The arrow will stand up after shooting them, making finding arrows much easier. Great points to use for archery golf. Which is a sport, like golf, you shoot at a target like a milk jug at unknown distances. They less shots the better. You score the game like golf. Any of the shots can be from 100 to 400 yds or more. Great challenge game for bow shooters.:wink:

16. spcmitchell28

spcmitchell28 New Member

State:
    Polo, Missouri
    Thats some good shooting! Ive used the Judo Points before, and they work very well, but I prefer blunt tips thats I take up in the stand with me in case a squirrel or rabbit come a little to close lol. They actually dispatch the animal without puncturing a whole in them. They pretty much just kill them from the shock of the arrow. You can find them at any bigger sporting goods store, and they definately make for some fun shooting.

17. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Went shooting this morning again but my groups werent as tight, was a little tired and the wind was blowing a bit. A jackrabbit ran out from the brush and I was about to release and someones bird dog came out after it so no shot. :confused2:

18. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I always appreciated the fact that Jackrabbits roam the earth, they are such a great,,,, field marksmanship enhancer... Gives you a good excuse to try out your broadheads also!!! Hit'm just right and they'll Cheer for you!!:wink::smile2:

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    The wind was in my face and blowing about 15-20 this morning. But I still was able to put this 6 shot group together at 30 yds. took about 20 minutes waiting for breaks in the wind.

Attached Files:

20. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    From this moment on your user name shall be.......

KILLER!

Great group Mike!