Getting a Tracker!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by luke1wcu, Jan 14, 2007.

1. luke1wcu

luke1wcu New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I went to the Raleigh boat show yesterday and purchased a 2007 Tracker Tournament V-18 All Fish (Coastal Edition) at a great pre-season price. This is my first boat and I'm on cloud 9....should be there for awhile. This is perfect for my style: mostly bass fishing but no discrimination toward any other species. I'm hoping this boat will do well out on NC's sounds as well. The vinyl deck option will make this boat easy to clean after a messy day of catfishing.
    Finally living with my parents has paid off more than ever....I can afford a new boat!
    http://www.trackerboats.com/boat/index.cfm?boat=2115

:big_smile:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Congrats, we made the downpayment on a Pontoon yesterday, while we were there I looked at a really nice Tracker, about the same size but a different model. It looked really awesome!

3. luke1wcu

luke1wcu New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Did you make it to Maynard Edwards' catfish seminar? I really like the rod holders he's selling. Congratulations on the pontoon!

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Congratulations to both you! Luke and Zakk, ENJOY! and catch some whoppers! :0a23: :0a22: :0a24:

Y'all be careful out there.
    Cheryl

5. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Congrats on the new boat! Looks like a pretty nice set up. I picked up my Seaark yesterday, so I'm right there with you.

Jon

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Congratulations Luke!

That looks like a fine boat.

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Luke on your new boat. If you take care of it it could last you a life time. If you figure your fish at .50c a pound you will know how many fish you have to catch to break even. Good Fishing.:sweat: :haha: :0a22: :0a26:

8. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    They make pretty decent boats for the money. I got one, mine is a Tracker Pro Guide v-16 with a Mercury 50 ELPTO on it. I had to modify it some to my style fo fishing. The major things were to of course add rod holders, I built a trolling bar on the back of it and remounted the trolling motor on the right side so I could get more rod holders on the left for a better setup for drifting that I could also use for anchor fishing if need be. I'll try to et some pics up. I've been meaning to do that for a while now. My boats only 16 feet long, but I can easily fish 10 rods and carry myself and 2 others.

9. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Here is a pic. of my boat. I'll et you figure out how I got this pic. I was at the lake by myself that day and this was taken near a boat ramp. You figure it out. I'll let you know if you get it. There's a good story behind this one!!:big_smile:

Attached Files:

10. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Luke,

Congrats on the new boat. I am sure you will have lots of fun with it. I took a similar route as you did, and purchased a crestliner bass boat this winter. And, while it is not exactly made for catfishing, I think it beats suites my needs. I will be able to use it in lakes and rivers, and reservors.

11. luke1wcu

luke1wcu New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks to all for the congrats! I've been dreaming of owning a new boat of my own since I was 12...half my life ago. I feel like I'm stepping up to the next level.

Rookie, thats an awesome picture...gotta hear the story!

12. simplecaveman

simplecaveman New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Congrats on the new boat! I just got my hands on a 19 ft. Kenner Pro Skiff this week. I'll be runnin' skinny on Lake Houston! This fonts very disorieting aint it!

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Luke - Congrats on the new boat! Looks like a real beauty!:smile2:

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Zakk! You will enjoy fishing from a pontoon. I have a 24' pontoon and love it!:cool2:

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Chris - My quess it that you went to get your vehicle and trailer and didn't tie the boat off securely enough and when you pulled the trailer down to the ramp... surprise!:eek:oooh:

16. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Did it get away from you?