Getting a new dog!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Believer, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Sadly, we had to give up our Husky, Alpha, who had been a part of our family for the past 4 years do to 2 biting incidents in the past 6 months. Both were related to someone taking something from him. It's really weird because he is such a friendly dog 99.9% of the time. We all cried like a bunch of babies when I took him back to the breeder on Sunday! :sad2:

The news isn't all bad though. I believe when you fall off of a horse you get right back on and that's what we're doing. If all goes well, we will be bringing home a new family member tomorrow from the animal shelter. She's a 4 month old yellow lab. They call her a lab mix only because they don't know her background, but she looks 100% lab to me.

My wife and I are very excited, but the kids do not know yet. The plan is to have it in their room tomorrow when they get home from school! :big_smile:

Now that i'm getting a lab I may have to get back into duck hunting! :lol:

Eric

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sorry to hear about Alpha. Hope you have better luck with your new pooch. Sucks losing a family member. I wish we coulda got rid of my sister when she would bite me!LOL!!

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's neat that you're getting a new dog, I am so sorry about Alpha. They grow on and become part of the family,but I agree ya can't have an animal that is going to bite people!:big_smile:

4. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    thats sad.....its ashame that you have to give up smething like a family member,im kind going through the same thing with one of my dogs but he just dont like someone for some reason and that person is just 4 years old....plus i have 4 two day old boxer pups i have to bottle feed im starting to feel alittle over whelmed by it all

5. talk2sampson

talk2sampson New Member

State:
    smithville mo
    Good luck with the new pooch, its tough to beat a lab. You sure wont have a problem with it biting anyone. Im sure you kids will suprised.

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Eric,

Sorry about Alpha, but your family, friends, and neighbors' safety is definitely #1! Had a husky once and he was wound pretty tight... bet your household will be far more peaceful with a lab. Our old yellow was the best dawg I've ever had and I still miss her!
    Hope you can get some pics of the looks on your kids' faces :lol:
    Enjoy!

7. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Here are a couple of pics of our new yellow lab pup, Grace.
    She's a real sweet heart, but a bit shy right now.

Attached Files:

8. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Gorgeous Grace :smile2: She really is beautiful, Eric... love that posture, where she's at attention... and all that loose skin she's got to grow into!
    Hope she and your family will enjoy each other for many, many years.

9. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Eric, Sorry to here about you Huskey. Loosing a pet member of the family for any reason is a tough problem to overcome.
    I hope you all love the Lab. I bet the kids will remember the surprise for a lifetime.

Best of luck
    Danny

10. three_rivers

three_rivers New Member

State:
    Tupelo Ar
    Good looking pup eric!

11. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    your dog is beautiful.....i have a pitbull that is only 8 months that looks just like that....i lost that whole litter of boxer by the way to nerve problams

12. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice looking pup, Eric. That color looks like what some breeders call "Fox Red" and try to charge more for them, lol! Nice looking dog, I bet she'd like to get you back into duck hunting! Have fun!

13. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    Yeah she kinda looks fox red, but not as red as some i've seen pics of. One wb site had fox reds listed @ $1,650.00

14. CAT ADDICT

CAT ADDICT New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry about Alpha. You will be quite happy with the gracie though. I have had 3 labs now and I don't know if I'll ever have another kind of dog. Best of Luck.

15. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Had a friend that had the same problem, he also had to give the dog away because there were young children in the home. Good luck on the new dog.