Getting a little angry

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Wil, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    you ever had someone make fun your first deer cuz it was small? to me theres no shame in shooting a little deer for your first but to this guy i guess its embarassing. i shot a little doe for my first with a bow and this guy is callin me a pathetic hunter because i was eager to kill something with my bow.. just cuz his was a 6 point buck doesnt make him a better hunter but he still makes fun of me, i told him i dont deer hunt that much cuz im focused on coon hunting and catfishing and he called catfishing GAY!!!! that made me furious cuz now he just insulted my whole family here on the BOC! idk what to do with this guy cuz hes tryin to get beat up and i really dont wanna make him cry..

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Wil,

The more you let him bother you, the more he wins. Treat him with the contempt he obviously deserves: Just ignore his comments. If you do get into an argument with him just say "Yes maybe you are right, maybe I am a pathetic hunter but you are a jerk and years from now I could be a really good hunter but you will still be a jerk"...W

3. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Brother, First off, I don't care who you are, Any and I stress the word Any Animal taken with a bow is a true trophy! So this guys got six points on his deer.......So What! The normal hunter would never mount a 6 pointer. So in my opinion you have the better animal. Two reasons one it's going to taste better than the buck and second rather you realize it or not, you my friend are practicing deer management by ridding the herd of smaller and inferior does thus leaving your population thriving in the ecosystem. As far as Mr. 6 point goes I think he's weighing more on the pathetic side than you, he has just reduced a vital link "The male" deer in his population resulting in two things. First that particular deer will never have the opportunity to reach it's full growth potential. Secondly he just reduced one of the males that would have been breeding the does in the area that he hunts.
    As far as him thinking Catfishing is "Gay", I would venture to say that he probably has little fishing experience and what little he may have probably resulted in his father taking him home early because he had a bad attitude!

Good luck brother and remeber if little does are good enough for the "Nuge" there good enough for the rest of us as well!
    Garrett

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    He's got way more ego than good sense. Try not to let him get under your skin. I say pop another doe or two for good measure.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Just blow it off Will .The first deer I killed was a 160lb forkhorn mulie and I had a guy tell me 'that little thing wouldent weigh 90 lbs you should be ashamed of killing a baby buck'.Even though I walked over two miles and snuck up to 50 yards in the wide open sandhills to get the shot!! just let it go if he kbnows it bothers you he will keep it up . When he sees it isnt getting results he'll quit!!

6. james_s333

james_s333 New Member

State:
    byesville,ohio
    wil......this guy hit the nail on the head

7. primitive

primitive Member

State:
    Dav. Ia.
    The fact is, a doe in her home envirnment is way smarter and wary than a young rut minded buck. You will learn this as you get more experienced. A buck in rut does foolish things in the name of " Love". primitive

8. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Best advice I can give you Wil is take his crap with a grain of salt. It will also help you to be a little thick skin to get through life too. Its possible this person wasnt brought up to respect other people as well. You could lead by example and show him you are the bigger man.

That and a good left hook probably wouldnt hurt either.....:wink:

Just kidding, violence wont solve this guys small brain and big mouth. Just show him who the better person is.

9. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Nobody likes a deer snob. My buck is bigger than yours.... why did you shoot the little one? blah blah blah blah blah.... You do your thing, let him do his. Who really cares what he shoots?

Around here, some of the best hunters that I know are now only hunting public land while a few lazy slobs with big bucks have leased up all the good hunting area. Public land is free, and the cost of leasing good hunting areas has sky rocketed. The average joe has to go do it for free. The "know-nothings" are shooting some fantastic bucks while the guys with all the smarts and woods-savvy are taking hard-earned small bucks and does on public land. Who is doing the better job with what they have to work with, and who deserves the accolades?

Any deer that you can take with a bow is a trophy. But if I were to go back and count how many does I could have killed with a bow vs. how many small bucks I could've killed with a bow, I probably could've killed at least 3X as many small bucks as does. You'll learn as you go on, as has already been stated, that small bucks are pretty naive and almost stupid. I shot a cull buck a few years ago on opening day of bow season, and his 2 little buddies stood there stamping at him for about 2 or 3 minutes. I could've killed one or both of them with the bow as well, they were within 15 yards for nearly 20 minutes.

Anyway, don't let this twerp get under your skin. :big_smile: At least you're still young and can stomp him without getting into too much trouble if the need arises.:cool2:

10. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I started hunting 6 yrs ago. my first deer was a fork horn buck I shot with my friends 12 guage. That to me is a trophy. a trophy is what makes it special to you not the size of the rack. If its brown & its down, it'll all taste the same head gear or not. after 5 years of tag soup, I filled a doe tag this past archery season. my first bow kill & second deer ever.She's at the taxidermist right now. some of family that do hunt understand. some of their friends dont understand why Im mounting a doe. some people just get it. their both trophies to me. and theres certainly nothing wrong with a 6 pt. Its meat on the table for our families. Eventually he'll grow up and realize the value of the animal doesnt lie in the rack but in the experience. Catfishing rules. He must be one of them bait (BA$$) fisherman.

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah sorry to inform the rest of you but , i would not put up with constant goading , id have to adjust his attitude amazing what difference a left hook will do to a jerk who dont know when to quit

12. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    And his truck tires still have air in them?:big_smile:

13. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I personal would pass on a 6 point buck to harvest 90# doe everytime but I only hunt to eat the deer not to look at it on my wall.

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Wil, don't let it get to you. That knucklehead said catfishing is 'gay' so that tells us a whole lot about him. He's dumber than a sack full of hammers so his opinion don't even count. The smartest deer I ever took with my bow was an old doe. I'm proud of ever one I've got, buck or doe it don't make a difference.

st

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Antlers don't even make good soup bones, LOL!!! I will take a small doe (yearling) over a 6 pointer anyday "More Tender"!!!!

16. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    wil i killed my first deer with a bow in 1968.i was at austwell game refuage austwell tex.i killed it with a ben pearson stratojet.thats a solid fiberglass long bow.i used cedar arrow with superhilber broadheads.ive killed many more sense then but i cant recall all the details about them.that first deer will stick with you a lifetime.as for catfishing being gay invite him to the arkansas gathering at degray lake 4 5 6 of may im 65 yrs old and i resent that statment myself.lol.be cool and dont get in any trouble.johnnie

17. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    well see theres one problem with that, somehow he got my email address and a picture of my little doe and he is makin fun of me from over 300 miles away. so ya i cant hurt him or do anything to him so naturally hes like a black belt or somethin lol. all talk and now words!

i appreciate everything you guys are saying, this bonehead is just an inconsiderate jerk really.. im sure hes never even tried catfishing before lol

18. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Will ya took meat harvest with a stick. How many teachers ya got at school that can't change a flat tire? It's the internet; fella could be a cross dresser that never fired anything but a hair dryer.....only words that ought to hurt come from people ya know an care about. I think yer "Cool", and should "be cool".
    :smile2:

19. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Will
    Might be time to introduce the ole boy to a Georgia lighter knot.....

20. tfabry

tfabry New Member

State:
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    Hey Will - I look at it this way
    1 - you got over the first deer jitters
    2- you are a ethical hunter and make the choice to shoot that deer
    3- tastes better than a older deer
    4- congrats on taking it with a bow its alot of hard work and dedication do that

Personally I harvest 2 deer a year trying to go after 100-150 lb DOES