getting a few eaters

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by river scum, May 31, 2008.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    the flats are starting to feed good up here now. me and hoosierpolcat spent yesterday morning trying to get him an entry for the boc fish-off. all we could manage was eaters. maybe tonight we can poke a releaser.:sad2:

the second pic shows how slow it started out. lol

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    YIKES!!!!! The second pic could have been left out. LOL! Nice stringer.

3. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    What part of indiana you from, Tim?

4. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    nice flatties! seems like the flatties are biting good everywhere. My fishing buddies and I have been doing good around the white also. Won't be long and somebody is going to post a MONSTER!! The daytime around 4:30 till 8;30 .The night bite has been slow.Looks like you caught yours during the day. Ironcat

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    we went out again this morning. didnt catch any small enough to eat but we managed 4 fish 1 hook pull out and a line break. caught a 18-22-25-28 all flatheads. the river was at 12ft the night before and at 8 ft when we started this morning. all fish were on shore line cover, deep water was void of life. it was a 50/50 cut/live bait day. just had to get it in front of them i think, then it didnt matter they ate it! usually didnt take 10 min. to get a hit from an ocupied spot. we had to run n gun to scratch what we did.

6. Motormaker

Motormaker New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Good job. looks like you had fun

7. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice catch Tim! Glad to hear you guys got out. They boys & I spent a few minutes at the Mississinewa tailrace the other day and got one little CCF...the boys were happy with all 9 inches of it!!