Gettin to the BOC

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by theonecatfishbob, Jan 8, 2008.

1. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Am I the only one having trouble gettin to the BOC. I keep gettin a reply the server is too busy. I know DH said we were having some problems when he spoke at the Uncle Sci Fi meeting. I am guessing that is what is happening.

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Having the same problem here Bob and I heard JW talking about it too. The bad part is when you are replying with a lengthy post, if you hit the busy server all is lost. No ability to copy your text before trying to post it either, just in case.:angry:

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    YUP fellas It has got me to but I am not siprised.This site is bursting with growth....heck its hurting me with the growing pains:tounge_out::smile2:
    I have only been on a few months and I bet its grown 2-3 thou.Since I have been on.Just guessing ofcourse I dont have all the statistics fer sure.

4. SHOWME

SHOWME Well-Known Member

State:
    Nixa, Mo
    Well, we haven't had any problems in the southwest part of the state YET! but I sure can see it happening, this IS one of the best sites to visit everyday.:big_smile:

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    bob i have had the same problem but not very often. usually if i log out then back on i get right on.

6. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    It's the same here. I told my wife her family up north in the Midwest are getting off work and running strait for the p.c. getting there fix while waiting on the spring thaw.lol yeah I did get that look.:eek:oooh::big_smile:

7. tomflatcat

tomflatcat New Member

State:
    Hampstead, NC
    I'm having the same problem. It seems to have been signicant for last 3 nights.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Same here for the past few weeks? we keep getting a fatal server error here? and then it will go to I guess the Old board, the freezes up, it is a yellow board with no pics of anything all text?

9. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I've been getting the message also. If you just hit refresh a few times you'll get in there. And it'll save your LONG message you just typed.

10. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    It's getting me too.. And it doesn't matter what I do I lose everything and have to go offline for awhile and keep trying back.. It's getting very annoying..

11. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I've built a massive army of 'bot computers that log onto the site and keep it busy any time someone with an IP address registered to an Eastern MO or Western IL computer tries to log onto the site. It's all part of my scheme for revenge since the skipjack trip was on a weekend I couldn't go (evil laughter in the background....)

:crazy:

12. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    No problem here. AAAHHHH! Dial up is good and working till Midnight:eek:oooh:.

13. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well, Tom I was thinking it was because I had this slow arsed dialup connection that I couldnt get there and stay. Now I guess its just overloaded and thats that. I finally gave up last night. But I will keep trying.:angry::tounge_out:

14. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    it gets me from time to time.:confused2: My boss likes when that happens cause I have to work till I can log on again

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Us hillbillies south of ya are having the same problem.

16. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It has happend to me alot also...I tend to buy more stars to help Paul out with the best catfishing site on the internet.

17. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I've been having issues for awhile now which is why I haven't been on as much. But, this is what you call growing pains I'm sure the staff will get it fixed as soon as they can.

18. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I've got that message a few times i just click on refresh and it will post.:confused2:

19. thomas feldon

thomas feldon New Member

State:
    Farmington, MO.
    Talked to the corperate computer geek today and he said cookie's is overloaded.
    He said best way is to contact service center that your connected with and they can help eliminate cookie clutter.This will speed up communication's.
    I have dailup and have had to clear out cookie's a couple of time's and it has helped a hole bunch. Had to use my cell phone while on line though.
    Hope this help's someone!

20. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Darryl,
    I don't have a problem with losing post
    If I'm making a long post, I copy the post to the clipboard before hitting Preview. That way I have it, if the server gets busy. I can paste it anywhere, in a email Draft or Notepad, to have it for later.