Gettin tired!

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by Kutter, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    My back hurts, my legs hurt and I'm gettin real tired of picking beans. I have been gardening since 1977 and never have I had bush beans still producing past the end of July. We just picked another 5 quarts this evening. We are up to 156 quarts frozen up this year! This all from one row of beans, 60 ft long. Had one 10 ft row of cucumbers, got 660 of them this year. 6 Bell Pepper plants has brought in 74 peppers stuffed with venison and froze up.

What in the world has gone on this year??? I've never had this big of bumper crop that never seems to end. I forgot the numbers on the corn, but it was my biggest harvest also. Only thing that was not a bumper crop, was the tomatoes and they are just now starting to produce, about 3 months late. Can't pin it on temps this year. They were cooler for the most part, but we've had cool years before. We have almost doubled our normal rainfall, but the plants all seemed to suffer from overwatering, not be helped from it. I haven't a clue, but I quickly learned, 3 freezers fill up fast and if I plan on bringing any deer meat home this fall, I better either eat a lot of corn an beans or buy a fourth freezer.:wink:

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Kutter the force is trying to tell you something lol Be come a vegetarian:eek:oooh:say good buy to fishing and HELLO to salad for breakfast lmao

3. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    mmmmmm fresh cucumbers,bbbbaaaddddd on belly,lol

4. Iablue

Iablue New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Same here Kutter! Really weird isn't it. My tomatoes weren't worth a darn until now, but still a pretty sorry showing.

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    By giving away 5 of the 7 deer I got this year, I was able to sneak by without having to buy another freezer. Didn't hurt that I was able to remove most all of the fruit for winemaking and get them started on the fermentation.