Gettin old!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by BIG GEORGE, Jan 7, 2008.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    SERVER IS BUSY TRY AGAIN LATER

I needs my BOC and I needs it when I needs it. LOL!

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    What do you mean gettin' old? Bro, WE are there.

Oh wait, you are only 17 and I'm 1905........:tounge_out:

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    BG, aint you got connections with the man. Get r done for us. LOL.
    I've been getting it for a while.
    I see the colors and stuff has changed. That's what helps me out the most. :tounge_out:

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    1 out of 3 ain't good....:angry:

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats the trouble, the bigger we get the more hassles we have. I remember the time when I could get on any time that I wanted to. Well thats the price you have to pay for popularity. I sure hope this 2009 Expo helps the situation. Oh yeah BG I held out and we got the good colors back on the screen! lol:smile2:

6. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Great "new Page".... Love the colors etc...... Rather a "Bear" when I get on line from the "puter" at work..... I had to figure out how to get in.... I was in, but did have to do some "stuff" to get going....

Bayrunner Ray

7. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    Gettin Old? I'm just gettin experienced!
    Everybody says "YEP HE DONE IT AGAIN":crazy:

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I aint complainin ,but it sux when I spend five to ten minets typing a post and them I get that message....Aint typin it all over

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Load I must be to determined....I typed one three times befor I got it,I supose it is a lill frustrating around 7-9pm when everyone is tappin keys...but...I bet this summer you'll have dust bunnies blowing across the screen though.EVERYONE is gonna be fishin:wink:

10. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Well...... One NICE thing would be the ability to COPY your post to a clipboard BEFORE you attempt to post it!! If you hit a busy server all is LOST!!!:angry:

11. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Not sure I understand the problem because I havent received the "Busy Server" treatment yet.I wasnt on much during the Holidays and when I did get back on found the new opening screen that said become a member etc.Didnt know what to do, so thought well here we go again with a new system etc.Finally clicked on new membership and got in.:smile2:I was thinking to myself before the holidays that it might be time to change the opening screen but I didnt know the BOC could read thoughts!!!!!:smile2:I promise I'll quit!!! Thinking.:wink::smile2:

12. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    George, when I first saw your thread I thought you were talking about your self! :big_smile:

Maybe the slow server is like a juke box... it needs more nickels. :cool2:

13. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Hmmmm.It looks like some of you are experiencing what I have been living with for some years now.Being it is normally my screw up some how,I thought it was again until others complained.I write and lose things 2-6 times on a fairly regularly basis.I do feel for you folks as it is a aggravating.

As for old.I am proud to have made it when I think of all that I have known that didn't make it.I am still here and so many are not.Being I have been looking forward to the end for the relief and they were looking forward to living forever,it does seem strange.

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

14. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    The colors are easy on my eye's. . I'll take that as a trade off.

To save your post. Type it in a word processor. I use MS works. Can make a file and save all your post. Then cut an paste to BOC. I do have to delete spaces when I do that.
    But if someone insists on typing post in the BOC window, just select it ( highlight post ) and copy to clipboard or to your word processor.

I read something bout PM's. BOC offers a download to text file option. You can save all your PM's to you puter, then delete your PM box.
    What else. O, my hat is still missing. I got a reward out for it. Anyone posting with my yellow hat, watch out for the hooks I put in it. They will grab your ears.
    The shirt is cool looking. It doesn't show my gut.

15. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Thanks.Helping others is what the BOC is all about.It all sounds great and most likely is.Now if I just knew what you and the many others that have tried to help me were talking about.Thanks again,and I really mean it for trying to help us all.Many or most will be helped by your post.The ability to learn and retain is a terrible thing to lose or have trouble with.It was great to have it for so many years.

As for the shirt and the gut.Just turn sideways to display!

I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

16. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Server optimization is being done and some programs have been deployed to assist with deflecting guest visits. We are pushing record highs for what is considered the slow times. Across all domains over 2.5 Million, on the BOC 1.5 million for December.

We had plans to deploy a new server in November, which has now bumped back to June 2008.

Sorry for the issues, we are working them as fast as possible.

17. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Big George,

I am busting that pole you sent me out in February, I will send pics :smile2:

18. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

Rite on baby! Some carp photos. LOL!

19. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Big G. I tought it was you gettin old like olefin said.:smile2: