Gettin neutered friday!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by buddah, Sep 6, 2006.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Not me...My dog Buck-erz...LOL! I set it up to get all his shots and I mean ALL of em' and gettin the boys removed! He's been actin' up lately and really out of charicter so I assume its because of high testosterone levels. I seen a great site that explains the procedure so I'm not that worried (anymore) about anything going wrong. He's only just a year old, well almost, but I think it's time. What are the pros of neutering? Anyone ever have this procedure done to their pets? I'm sure, but what I mean is how did it change their behavior? Thanks, any insight would be grand.
    Here's the link I read.
    www.marvistavet.com/html/body_canine_neuter.html#Behavioral-Changes

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Just make sure that you give them a good going away party:eek:oooh: :crazy: :roll_eyes: !

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Sorry about yer luck:sad2:

Oh, I thought it was you.

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    If you are really concerned you could check it out by having the procedure first.Then you would know all about it and what to expect with the dog.Heh,heh.peewee-williams

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i have three wonderful kids and that was enough for me so i got snipped trust me he will live thru this ...........oh have i said to much!

6. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I'll be sure to send some flowers and maybe a card. For what it's worth my buddy had 2 dobermans and he got the oldest one cut and to tell the truth I think it made him worse. He finally had to get rid of one of them and they grew up together...that was a sad day

7. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    Both my dogs are neutered. The first was on the advice of "animal control". He got loose one night and they ended up with him. They told me if I had him fixed, he wouldn't wander any more. Yea,right. NOT.

It's a good idea tho, there are way too many dogs in the dog ponds hoping for a home and ending up being put down. As a dog lover, I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear of an entire litter being put down because your dog fathered a litter that nobody wanted.

My oldest dog had no problems with his surgery. The youngest developed excess fluid in the scrotum, but the vet gave him a shot and it all drained away.

Both of them were operated on in the morning and back home around 4:00 PM.

I haven't seen any difference in either one. Well, when we go to the park they may smell a female but won't try to mount her.

8. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Hey Buddah while you are at the vet just for grins ask him if he ever heard of a testicle implant called neuticles, I invested in a company that invented these implants for dogs their thinking was that it would make the dog feel better about himself after the surgery .
    I think that I was the one that was nuts. since then the guy that invented the implants has went on to right a book called going nuts and has made millions, but not one of the investors made a penny.
    I thought any thing that stupid might just go nuts , lol

9. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i have 2 registered show beagles that are not fixed. wish that i could have them fixed and still show them but its against UKC rules