Gettin' better yet?

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSISSIPPI TALK' started by Rbms, Jul 3, 2007.

1. Rbms

Rbms New Member

State:
    Central Mississippi
    Hello all. Anyone heard any good reports on the big river lately? I was in Mexico all last week and weekend for work and am just now getting back. I have had enough mexican food and spanish for a while. The weather was a lot better down there though. I saw in here where some brothers are picking up some cats here and there. I will be putting in in Vicksburg this weekend, but haven't decided on where I'm heading. If you see a camo center con. Grizzley +/- 50 miles from Vicks, swing by and say hello.
    Take care and good luck.

2. Rbms

Rbms New Member

State:
    Central Mississippi
    Hey guys. My brother, dad and i went out Sat. and didn't tear them up by no means. We did however have a great chance to try out the new top my brother made for the boat because it rained most of the day. But finally around 5:30pm or so the skies cleared, the wind died down, and I reeled in the biggest of the day, a 14#'r. Caught him in about 25-30ft on a steep dropoff along a sunken sandbar about 70 yrds down from a dike. We had several hits there. I also got use the new rod and reel my wife got me for my B-day. It was great.

3. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Glad to hear that some folks are catching some fish! Way to go! I bet you like that top! Is it a "bimini" top? Folds up and down? I just got a boat and had one of those put on it, and there nice!

4. Rbms

Rbms New Member

State:
    Central Mississippi
    Yeah, its a bimini style top. Folds up and down. But he built it to be able to slide in the rail system on the boat. And it is 11ft long so you get a lot of shade. It shades the entire center of the boat. We love it. Came in handy last weekend too. It was hot out there.

5. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Pics of that top or any info on how he made it would be greatly appreciated...