Get Together

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by seahaggy, Jun 11, 2008.

1. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :0a34:We are going to try and have a get together for anyone and everyone who are interested sometime soon at the West Point Boat Ramp.There is a camp sight there which would be perfect to maybe cookout , fish and just hang out and have some fun.Would like some input on this from other members who would like to do this ASAP so we can set up a date.You can let me or .... Member.... river1214rat .... {Linda}.... hear from ya ....:009::002:

2. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    HI1:smile2: I LIVE ABOUT 20 MILES FROM WEST POINT BOAT RAMP. A GET TOGETHER THERE SOUNDS LIKE FUN.A SIMPLE TOURNANENT MAKES IT INTERESTING TOO. LIKE BIG FISH AND MOST FISH.MAYBE, 8PM TO 1AM. THESE ARE JUST IDEAS. LATER,JIM:wink:

3. Scorpion

Scorpion New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I could do a West Point gathering. Count me in.

Jim:smile2:

4. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I think the idea of a fishing tourney sounds good...little competition is good for the soul. Maybe this can be the beginning of a group getting together once a month or so to fish and swap tales with each other!!! Drink a cold beverage afterwards and have a good time!! :big_smile:

I am on call for the hospital the week-end of June 21-22 which means I have to live by the phone. Any other time would be great!!

Linda

5. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    :0a28:Well we did'nt get much of a responce for the get together at West Point but those of you who did and still want to do this it's fine with me. Maybe we can just post a big sign out by the road."LOL":0a23:The tourney is a great ideal. According to the paper the river has settled down a bit. I will let you guys decide on a time and date. I can take off from work any day of the week.:003:.Just one of the benifits of doing your own thing.

6. Springfield45

Springfield45 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'll keep an eye out for your next get together/tourney! Sounds like a great idea.... Only question.... Where the heck is west point?

7. Springfield45

Springfield45 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I'm in Owensboro. Is it close enough to drive to from here?

8. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    HI!:big_smile:HOW DOES THE WEEK OF JUNE 23RD-JUNE 28TH SOUND? PICK A DAY DURING THE WEEK, OR FRIDAY OR SATERDAY. THIS IS RIGHT BEFORE THE JULY 4TH WEEKEND. ANYONE INTERESTED? MEET, FISH, SIMPLE TOURNAMENT OR WHATEVER??
    JIM :smile2:

9. catsey

catsey New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    HI!:big_smile: WEST POINT IS SOUTH OF LOUISVILLE. THE SALT RIVER FLOWS INTO THE OHIO RIVER THERE. FROM OWENSBORO,IT IS WEST ABOUT 80 MILES TO HIGHWAY 31W. NORTH ABOUT 10 MILES. THE BOAT RAMP/CAMP AREA IS ON THE SALT RIVER THERE. FOLLOW FORT DUFFIELD ENTRANCE AND LEFT TO BOAT RAMP AREA. HOP THIS HELPS. JIM:roll_eyes:

10. Springfield45

Springfield45 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Yeah, helps alot. I will be out of town until 9 july. After that pretty open foe awhile. :cool2:

11. Scorpion

Scorpion New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Let do this get togeather this weekend starting Fir afternoon. Come and have fun, fish, and fellowship. bring your stuff and share what you can. We will all have a good time no matter howmany show up.

Jim:wink:

12. Springfield45

Springfield45 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Where do you wanna meet up at??

13. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I will be arriving in Brandenburg Fri. evening. I will keep a watch on this post and try and make it over to meet and greet!! My father-in-law lives in Doe Valley and I will probaoly bring him along. Talked to catsey last night and he has room for one to fish. May need to try and hook up with someone else also if possible so the father-in-law can fish also. Hope to see you all there. I will probably be in Brandenburg until 7/3.

14. Scorpion

Scorpion New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    There plenty of good bank fishing near the boat ramp. Just a reminder for all bringing boats there is a $ 3.00 launch fee. I am sure that we will be able to find a boat ride if someone needs one. RiverRat if you see this please give us river update. tkx I think the meeting place would be the boat ramp parking lot. Any other suggestions?

Jim:big_smile:

15. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Friday seems good to me.I plan on being there but it will be around 7pm or a little later.Looking forward to this.:smile2:

16. Springfield45

Springfield45 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    So the place is going to be Brandenburg?

17. Scorpion

Scorpion New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    :tounge_out: No the meeting place will be the parking lot for the boat ramp at Westpoint, KY. Comming from the South on 31W look for the FT Duffield sign on the right as you enter town. Comming from Louisville it will be on the left. Follow the road to a Y about 150 ft. then bear to the left and follow to the ramp.

Jim:big_smile:

18. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    As of tonight, the river is awesome! She is down and the current has calmed down. We went out sunday, I got skunked but my buddy caught 2 flat heads, not real big, but he beat me! A lot of folks fish where the Salt and Ohio meet. You also have upstream at the LG&E plant. Couple of weeks ago, saw some guys fishing upstream from LG&E and they were bringing them in. You can go downstream to where the "Old Dam House" is. Large Brick building on the IN side before you get to Otter Creek. We have had good luck there. Friday will be your best bet, 70% chance of storms Saturday. I will not be able to make it this time...going to a BOC gathering at Rocky Point Marina which is at the Cannelton Dam Fri, Sat, and Sun. Please catch a big one for me!!! Let's do this again in July, maybe the 18th. Put the boats in at Salt River, fish then I can have wood gathered for a bon fire on my beach. Sandy and plenty of room for boats to pull up around midnight, swap stories, then those who wish to fish more, go for it.
    Everybody be careful and stay safe.

Linda

19. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Right now she is at 12.24 ft. Friday mornig, I will again post river conditions before I leave to go to Cannelton. :tounge_out:

20. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    going to cannelton huh? man i miss that place. they have cut bank fishing access off over there because of the hydro project. flatheads should be biting good now. good luck.