Get together??

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by preshrd3cpy, Aug 7, 2009.

1. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    I have been looking around the BOC and noticed several states and clicks have been getting together for couple of days and having a good ole time grilling, beer drinking and most important catfishing. I was just checking if we have or will ever do this. If you know post it up and lets figure it out what we need to do. If not this year next year will be great to. Thanks:wink::smile2:

2. gruffy911

gruffy911 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like fun to me.:cool2:

3. Greasy Ham

Greasy Ham New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Count me in.

4. msd7806

msd7806 New Member

State:
    Pegram, TN
    Lets do it!!!Somebody name a place and time!

5. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well if yall are gonna be off i think the middle of sept. were havin a gatherin for maybe 4 days at Pickwick if ya know where thats at. You'll have to ask Leslie "punkin570" the exact dates. We will be havin brisket, mac & cheese, homeade ice cream, cobbler, slaw, 2 card tables, and the great ol' catfishin! Hope everyone enjoys. :smile2::wink:

6. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    See thats what Iam talking about getting together and having a good ole time AJ keep us posted with updates. Guys//Gals check around with friends of the BOC and see what will be a good time to have all this set up if we cant make it to the event that AJ is talking about. If it will have to wait until next yr so be it. Does anyone know if we have to set this up with the BOC approval just let me know.:cool2:

7. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    David actually we do this every year at Harrison Bay state park. I have scheduled the dates for around the end of April 2010 and will start posting on this in the gathering section in a few months. The Chattanooga gathering is always fun and some great socializing. Keep your eyes open in the gathering post for more information in the future.

Last year we were a little late getting this going so I plan on taking the ball earlier this year to give more people time to plan and prepare. I organized the last gathering and will more than likely organize the next one unless I have someone else volunteer. We start out by posting on who will be coming and when the time gets closer we start posting on who will bring what for the big feeding of the guests.

If you want to make plans I can start posting sooner rather than later if there is enough of an interest.

8. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think its a great idea..I probably can't make any plans this year cause I already took one vacation and the rest of my vacation I'm using for family thats coming up for the holidays..But I would love to set something up for next year..

9. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I was just thinkin about that about a week ago sittin on the bank how you, me and a few other fellow BOCs could set up a gathering:smile2:

10. griz

griz Well-Known Member

State:
    Murray Ky.
  11. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    TN has a January gathering that always kicks of the year. Many people drive from a long distance for this one. Whistler can chime in and fill everybody in.

12. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Thanks for posting Paul I forgot about the fish-n-camp in Clarksville. I keep wanting to go usually the schedule thing gets in the way.

13. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Tennessee actually has two gatherings each year. Sometimes 3. Most all gatherings that are organized by people that really want to have a good turn out can be found by clicking here. There are also a few scattered throughout the state pages that are organized by people that feel like members from their home state won't see the posts for them. The way the board search functions, if it's a new post, it's visible to all members. Having a gathering section is simply good common organizational sense. A central location on a very big board that everyone knows to look at for this kind of stuff. Anyway, Every year we have a gathering in Erin that we call The Cumberland City Fish and Camp. This is really a fishing gathering. We have it this time of year because when things are right, that's when the really big fish are being caught on the Cumberland. The hotel we use is located 6 miles from the Cumberland City Steam Plant. Plenty of skipjacks to be had and used to catch some nice fish. Then right around April of each year we usually have a gathering in Chattanooga at Harrison Bay State Park on Chickimauga Reservoir. This is one of my favorites because it's a great crappie fishery and I love to crappie fish. LOL We had one at Piney Campground one time and I believe about 12 of us showed up for it. We've never tried again. If you'd like to get one started there is a right way to do it. Just post as you have here to see how many would be interested, then once you know you'll have enough members coming, make a new thread in the gathering section and organize it how you want it. One thing we don't allow at gatherings being held with our name on them is tournaments or anything like that. A little something for the biggest fish caught during one is OK, but not a full on tourney. Way too many times we've lost good members based on something happening with money during one of these. Another thing we don't allow is to have a "chapter" or "Region" per say of the BOC. We are one club with no segments. It's how we are organized and how we want it to stay. If you've never been to a gathering, it's a must do thing at least once. It's truly amazing how many people that really don't know each other but have a single thing in common can get along for a weekend. The upcoming Pickwick gathering is one of the best I've been to. If you can make it, you won't regret it. Hope this helps explain how it all works. Good to see so many members from Tennessee. Sorry I don't spend more time posting in here, but I stay busy with the site. If you ever need info on my area, don't hesitate to PM me for info. I'll even show you some of my better fishing spots. We have enough fish in our river to share. I live in Cumberland Furnace, about 20 miles out of Clarksville. I live 14 miles from the steam plant at Cumberland City. Thanks all.

14. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I sure didn't mean to shut this thread down like this. I was just trying to be informative and show you all what we have to offer. If any of you wants to start a new gathering, do so. You'll love how it turns out. That I promise.

15. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't think thats the case Mr. Bryan..Some of us can't make a trip this year so were talking about maybe putting something together for next year or just hitting one thats already scheduled next year..We appreciate all the great info and I'm sure we'll be in contact for some tips on how to put one of these things together..

16. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am ready for a gathering this year after 10 October. Anyone else interested? I will def. be at the Jan gathering in Erin. That sounds like alot of fun to me.

17. festus

festus New Member

I won't be able to make it to Pickwick or the other one, but I might be able to attend the gathering at Harrison Bay State Park. This would be about a 1 hour 40 minute drive for me and by April 2010, I can get my plans together.

18. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Bryan thanks for posting that information. This started out as a question and turned into an information type post. I appreciate you and Paul posting. I will post in the gathering section in a month or two to get the Chatt gathering going. I was trying to just give information. I look forward to seeing you at the next meeting and hope maybe this time with enough early warning Paul might be able to make it.

19. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee