Get together at Dillon Lake this weekend!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RamRod, Jun 1, 2009.

1. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll be attending a get together at Dillon Lake this weekend hosted by my brother. My mom and dad(Fishhook) will be there as well. If you're interested in coming please post and let us know you can make it out for a day of fun and fellowship!:wink:

2. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    are you'all gonna be fishin or just hangin out

3. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    I'll try to make it out Johnny. I have a skunking streak monkey to get off my back.:crazy:

4. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    what day you going to have it on johnny,i might be able to make it on a saturday if at all possible.

5. jerryb

jerryb New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'll be there.... I gotta keep that monkey on Garrett's back... :wink:

6. cats gone wild

cats gone wild Member

State:
    canal winchester, ohio
    Wish you all a safe and enjoyable outing at Dillion this weekend.:big_smile:

7. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Here's what my brother posted on another site, due to following the rules I will not post the link to it. So let's show him a good turnout!:big_smile::wink:

Please post for sure if you'll be there so I can relay the message.

Ohio Gathering
    Dillion Lake State Park
    Nashport, Ohio
    June 6th-7th
    10am - ?

The gathering will be held at Dillion lake state park, the reason for this choice is to give a few choices for catching fish. The Muskinghum river is close by for some flathead fishing. Dillion lake does have some flatheads, but is a great lake for nice channel cats.
    Bring the family for a fun filled day/night of fishing. On the bank or in a boat. There is a beach for the kids.
    I plan on helping everyone with bait. Several of us have cast nets to get shad. But your more than welcome to bring the bait of your choice. Never know what the cats will eat that weekend.
    I have enclosed a map of the park and also a site to go to so you can get a camp site.
    If you look at the park map you will see at the bottom coming from I-70 coming north on RT.142. You will see a 1 with a circle around it, just north of the dam area. There is a shelter there. That is where we will be meeting. I have been trying to get in touch to reserve the shelter, but if I can't we will still meet in that parking lot. Try to get there early and enjoy the company. Hope to see everyone there!!!!
    I want to do a fun drawing that I have used at other events I have held. Everyone bring something that is of a fishing or boating nature that you would like to donate. I will have tickets to be drawn.
    If you have any questions, just post here or pm me.

The Dillion State park site-

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/dil...0/Default.aspx

The Dillion park map-

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/2...lonparkmap.pdf

8. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Was at the Dillon spillway this AM to catch shad. The spillway road was closed. They are paving the parking lots at the "pond", and spillway. Also the road leading in. The spillway lot was prepped ( compacted gravel )and most of the road to it. They were starting on the pond lot while I was there. Don't know if it will be open by this weekend. As there were no asphalt trucks in sight. You should call ahead to see if its open, or make other plans to get shad.

Good luck to all, I gotta work this weekend so I wont be able to attend.

9. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Thanks for the report Skip. Was thinking about heading out there after my Doctor's appt. Guess I'll have to switch my plans a little. Unless you're gonna walk down and get me some, I'll hold your beer...

10. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Since all the workers were down at the pond , I sorta pretended I didn't see that the road was closed and slalomed around the big equipment at went up to the spillway and got a few dozen shad, lol. I passed the BOSS-Man on the way down and waved at him like I belonged there lol, but they might lock up the gate now.

11. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hope to see you all and more out there to go fishing!

12. slowboat

slowboat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    hey Johnny I would like to come but I have been in the hospital all week .Getting out for the weekend but have to be back Mon morning till wed or Thur night...Sb have fun

13. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry to hear that Hal, hope everything is OK. Give me a call and keep me clued in.

14. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hope to see some of you this morning around 10 or so!:wink:

15. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    No fishing for Rollo this weekend. Would have loved to of made it. My cousin got married today, and now im on kids duty for the evening. Wife has to attend graduation this evening at the high school she teaches at. Hope you all had a good time, and the fish were biting. Catch yall at a later date.:wink: rollo

16. hunted

hunted New Member

State:
    washington court house,oh
    yep,hope ya all had fun.me and the boy went to rocky fork fri night.my brakes on the car took a crap,so i couldn't make it.

17. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Wished i could have made it. Sorry i didn't. Ended up fishing staying closer to home for the day's fishing fun. Hope you guys had a great time & i'll see you at the next get together.