Get together and make some sinkers!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by RamRod, Nov 5, 2006.

1. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just wanted to throw out a feeler for those members that may want to get together next month on a weekend and make some sinkers. If you can bring some lead to help out or if you have any molds please let me know what you have and post here. You can also state here when a good weekend would work out for you. We can firm up a date later on if we can get enough members interested.

However, here's the molds I have right now.

No-Roll - 3,4,5
    Bank Sinker - 1/8-1.5
    Egg sinker - 1/8-3
    Walking Sinker - 1/8-1.5

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    you can count me in Johnny just work out a date

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Hey RamRod,how far up in OH do you live? I need some sinkers in a bad way!!! I can talk to my buddy I used to work with at Wal-mart in the garage and see if i can get some old tire weights.I'm abt 5 mins from Ironton,OH.

4. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My parents live about 30 mins from Ironton and my wife was from there as well. Here's a link where I live from mapquest.
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...nns+Rd.&city=Pataskala&state=OH&zipcode=43062

Also keep in mind that if you've never made sinkers before, this would be a good chance for anyone to learn. The wheel weights will work out just fine if anyone else can bring some as well.

5. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    well I am interested as well so just set a date and I may be able to make it

6. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Thought you would never ask, been waiting half the summer for some no rolls. Was a very snaggy year. lol. Sounds like a great idea, I have about 30lbs of lead haging around. The first and third weekend of next month is not good at all for me though. Little thing called deer season. Just let me know when and I'll try to be there.

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I have several molds for sinkers, no rolls, bank, coin, egg, split shot, pyramid. I have lots of cleaned up lead. Just let me know. I work most weekends and have to try to get together in the evenings.

8. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    well, if i wasnt west indiana(about as far west from ohio as poossible, terre haute) then i would be more than happy to help out. but be safe when you guys get together.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Let me know when I dont know if I can supply any lead but Ill bring my lead butt LOL. Would love to learn how to make them

10. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Your not too far from me. I have some old molds and a couple that I've made. I just sold about 400 lbs of lead for scrap but can find about 20 or 30 lbs more. I'm off on the 2nd of Dec. and work every other weekend so I'll watch to see the date.

11. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I am interested, but I don't know if I could make it or not. Once you set a date, I can try.

12. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    So what did you all come up with. I work weekends, but get off at 2pm and can make it out. If I don't get mandated at work.

13. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How does December 10 sound to everyone? Say around noon?

Keep in mind, all members are welcome, I ask that we keep it to adults only due to the exposure to heat and molten lead.

We could also throw some hot dogs on the grill too! Hell, maybe Tea will come and cook for us?

14. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    How far we talking from Cincinnati? I don't need the weights ( i just ordered another 65 pounds of no rolls and eggs from ebay) but would love to meet up with some members, i could bring some steaks/walleye/beer and meet up with everybody.

15. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It's about an hour and a half from there. You're more than welcome to attend!

16. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I will have to come by and say hi, If I don't have to work over.

17. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    The 10th should work for me. Gonna see if I can scronge up some more lead.

18. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds great! We'll see you there.

We also have a surprise for everyone that attends, but I'll let S-Man tell you about it!:wink:

19. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Shawn called me this morning and told me the DVD's are completed, I'm gonna pick them up on monday. If you all can stand to wait 3 weeks, Ramrod says we can all watch it together on his big screen before we make the sinkers. Let him know if you plan to attend, and when I talk to him I can take you off the "send list" and send it out to those who can't make the trip first. It would be great to see with a group that appreciates catfishing.

20. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio