get ready guys

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by flathunter, Jul 8, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    It wont be long till the flathead spawn is over, and we can all share more pics and storys.

August is not far away, the official end of the flathead spawn "for me"

We have 3 months of good fishing to look forward to, if the fish sellers aint got em all.

Even at 50 years old, and 30 years after flatheads, I still get exctied thinking about my 3 favorite fishing months..August, September, and October.

Now is a good time to put fresh line on your reels, and make sure you have enough terminal tackle.

I hope many of you get on some good fish late summer and fall. I got a feeling that a few personal best will be broken..

And remember, if ya dont need the meat, turn em loose so we can catch em again next year.

2. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    You have enough sinkers Jack? You haven't updated us on your count lately just don't want you to run out.:smile2:

3. mbill

mbill New Member

State:
    Midvale Ohio
    Hey Flathunter thanks for the post it helped to feel a little positive after reading about all the negatives facing us and our sport due to alot of the Illegal activity. But one thing for sure when it gets here I'm gonna be ready for it.
    Thanks again:big_smile:

4. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Ordered 100 sinkers, 50 5 oz no-rolls. I'm good to go!
    Gonna hit 'em like a bus come August!

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    You have got that right Jack. The three up coming months should be a memorable one. Now if the flattys will cooperate when I cast out!

6. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Alright i got the net ready! :tounge_out::smile2:

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have not fished enough to use many sinkers this year, but I know where to get some.

8. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I was thinking the same thing.......

9. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    i almost hate to think about aug., sept, and oct, those months will fly by and its sittin around for 6 months again waitin for spring:eek:oooh:

10. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    HEAR KITTY KITTY lol iam ready 2 new reels to put through the test ! got enough lead to

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    After the spawn is great fishing and big fish time!

I love only having to cast 10 feet off the bank in the summertime!:cool2:

12. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    Thanks, Jack, for the pep talk. This year has already been very good for me, and I have a feeling it's only gonna get better. The bite has slowed for us for the time being, but in about two to three weeks, it's all gonna break loose. I've finally got my priorities in order and am serious about fishing hard the rest of the season and ending 2009 on a postitive note! I just went birthday shopping for myself at Outdoor World earlier in the week and got me a new 6500 and a Catmaxx rod, along with a scale and some no-rolls. After a dismal season last year, I owe it to myself to put in some quality time on the river. Here's to three more good months! Good luck to you all!

13. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    The bite is on down here I already got a new pb at 67# and my dad got his at 36#.

14. upncomincatfishking

upncomincatfishking New Member

State:
    Cheviot Ohio
    i'm ready to even though i cant get down to my river spot anymore because they put tree across the way. i just need to put 40# on my other pole and get me some sinkers and more circles and i'll be ready to roll.

15. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    i'm ready!! its been a while since i been to the river. let my son barrow the truck and he blew the engine. rod was hanging out the oil pan! got it so hot it took me 3-4 days just to get it seperated from the trans! can't wait to get back to the river. i think i'm having withdraws:eek:oooh:!!

16. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    i cant wait to lay into a big ol flattie i need 1 i have had a dry spell with out a 30 plus lber