Get ready for the big one, boys

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Nobody Special, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Nobody Special

Nobody Special New Member

State:
    TN
    Oil at $77 and it looks like fighting in the mideast is gonna get much worse and so will oil prices. I went and filled up my trucks, boat and lawn mower today at $2.79 per gallon.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

2.79 were paying 2.99 here in chapel hill.

3. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Yep its been right around 3 bucks a gallon here in Ohio...Took about 70 bucks to get down to the river after filling up the truck and the boat, and the truck wasnt even full...only got 3/4 of a tank..Something has to give guys

4. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    It's running $2.89 around here.

5. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    The oil company's are going to price there selfs right out of business, and I will be glad to see them fall. There are alternative souses of energy and these prices are just going to make them come into use that much faster

6. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    $3.65 here in So. Cal, almost glad I'm leavin the country for a bit..maybe it will be back down when I get home (yeah right)

7. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    They've been fighting over there for 2000 years. I don't believe they will ever stop.

8. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Very true... They should have taken this into consideration when they set production and processing quotas. But then again, most of OPEC is in the Mid East.

9. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Still ranging from $2.79 to $3.10 here. Depends on where you go around here.
    Mainly where I live it's $2.85.

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    $2.79 today I seen on my way to work. Sounds like I better fill up. Thanks for the heads up.

11. gone_fishin

gone_fishin New Member

State:
    Logansport, Indiana
    Last time I filled up it was $3.19. I have no idea what it is now.

12. GoFish_Tony

GoFish_Tony New Member

State:
    Big Rock, IL
    Same here in Illinois. I expect it will be near $3.50 by the weekend.
    _

13. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    3.05 in nokomis IL. I filled all the diesel tanks for the farm and trucks. I also had 200 gallon gas put in the tank for the car. I just hope the price spike dont last long.

This is where it is going to kill this country. I farm for a living, Harvest is just around the corner. When combining the combine uses around 100 gallon a day. That is 300 bucks a day. The cost will kill the american farmer. Then where are we going to get food. Saudis and the reat of them rag heads dont raise enough for themselves not alone us. By the way we use 20 % biodeisel in our equipment.

14. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Thats really sad that were rushing to fill up cause gas is only 2.79 a gallon. Its supposed to get way higer though. Time to break out the bicycle again..:angry:

15. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Just read about Citgo closing up shop in the US. Venezuela is refusing to sell us oil now and we get 11% of our import from them. Anyone ready for electric boat motors?

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Those AyRabs are going to price me right into the poor farm...:crazy:

17. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Well I guess you can call me a Hawk. Cause I say lets go over to the sand dunes and take all we need and if they don't like it tough!!! We got some big bombs don't we so we tell them get the price down NOW or pay the Price. Im Tired of being held Hostages by those RAG><><#DS! J.D.Straka

18. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You ever wonder why barrel prices for oil go up $3 and our gasoline goes up $.40/gallon? It don't have a dang thing to do with arabs. Its speculators manipulating the futures market on whatever basis they can justify. If trading in oil futures were outlawed, you'd see the biggest drop in our gasoline prices ever.

Insted of bombing the oil producers, I say shoot the snakes that make a living driving the cost up for the rest of us.

19. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    What I dont get is why doesnt the US jack up the price of all the grain we ship over there... "Ooooh, IL got lots of rain, going up $.50 a bussel" ... "oooh deer bad this year, COULD eat some crops, that'll be a another $.50" "A crow flew over a field and crapped, Nitrate levels could be off, better raise it $.50"....

20. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Were around 3.10 here. About $70 to fill my truck up. Not fun at all.