gerrrrr what is the deal

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by foreverman, Nov 10, 2008.

1. foreverman

foreverman New Member

State:
    va
    I fish the kanawa for blues and i have not gotten a bite in at least a month since the big flathead in sept.

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Where are you fishing for the blues?

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This is surprising to me. I would have thought that the fish would have been biting very aggressively right now

4. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've always thought the Kanawa was downtown Richmond but in todays paper they mentioned the Pump House Road area as being "part of the Kanawa cannal"...is that where you're fishing? That's why there are no Blue Cats. I'm suprised there are flatheads there. There are fish in the locks, I don't know how large but last spring when they drained them on the news there where large fish and potential charges against the agency that drained the lockes....yeah "right"... there were large fish.
    I think if your catching fish, be happy.
    good luck
    david

5. rogerfisherman

rogerfisherman New Member

State:
    va
    I have bin fishing with foreverman and yeah it is up by the pumphouse and the canal is to linchburg. We sat out trot lines and did not get much in 24 hours 5 baits where gone. I have not gotten big blues but a 23 pound flathead by andrew wow nice.

6. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    Never been to that part of the river, blues are a tad south of that area. Focus on the tidal river for the blues. One day I'll fish the locks around pump house rd for bait. Then I'll be heading down river for the monsters.
    good luck