Germantown dam

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by The Joker, Jun 20, 2006.

1. The Joker

The Joker New Member

State:
    ohio
    is there any desent sized channels by the spillway

2. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    never fished it for channels.

3. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ive caught smallmouth there,rock bass also and your typical flattie baits such as gills and chubs.But I've not caught any channels there.

4. Bigones

Bigones New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have heard of a few flats coming from there but I myself have never fished it. I would say there are some nice channels there.

5. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    A friend of mine did the electrofishing there all last year on the entire Twin Creek watershed for the OEPA and I have all the data sheets and can tell you only 3 flatties were taken in the last 1.5 miles of the river before it empties and 2 of those were at the mouth station. as far as channels go, the highest they took one was below the spillway, none above it. All the channels were typical stream channels like less then 4-5 lbs but a fair amount of them. I should also tell you that the electrofishing units are not very good at pulling up fish deeper then about 5 ft deep so take that with a grain of salt. Other then that the stream ranks as one of the states highes level for fish diversity and cleanliness.

I flyfish it often above the dam for smallies and rock bass

Salmonid

6. ohiohawghunter45067

ohiohawghunter45067 New Member

State:
    Trenton, Ohio
    what spill way is everyone talk about here. when he said germantwon dam i am assuming the one at the park the little spill way am i correct here. the spill way that runs into the creek

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I was referring to the earthen dam that Twin Creek runs through. there is a 3 tier stepping spillway there like all the MCD dams.

Salmonid

8. akilliss

akilliss New Member

State:
    Dayton Ohio
    i often wade from the damn to sugar street takes about 5 hours to do so. i use crappie minnows and a small split show. iv caught every fish but flats and carp out of there. mainly small mouth small channels bull heads and bluegills