Georgia Rivers Fishing Report

Discussion in 'GEORGIA RIVERS TALK' started by diertae, Apr 8, 2006.

1. diertae

diertae New Member

State:
    georgia
    Gentleman ( and i used the term loosely)
    I think it is high time to post a fishing report dedicated to the Catfishing in Georgia. Yes the reason behind this is that I, for one, would like to know how everyone is doing, how they are catching these cats. This is one of the ways we get the catfishing more accepted by the general public, facilitating more responsible fishing from non-cat enthusiasts and of course the youngens. Of course there is a downside to this approach, more people find out just how much fun it is to catfish they will take to the rivers and lakes, making our spots fished out....maybe, maybe not. I just hate the fact that there are fellow fishermen out there that will toss catfish onto the bank and leave them, thier thinking is that they are trash fish, bottom feeders, and should be culled from our rivers and lakes. of course, i could be way off on this. i still think fishing reports, only as detailed as the author wants them to be(secrets, i know, i know), will help out the Georgia Catfishing community greatly, me specifically. therefore from now on I will be posting my personal fishing reports right here, with photographic evidence. I hope this encites a flood of good intel on the Georgia Cats. Good Luck and Have a Good'n

2. diertae

diertae New Member

State:
    georgia
    Last Sunday I went to lake Mayer here in Savannah. I fished on the east side of the lake using cutbait, shrimp, goldfish(had to try it), and worms. I believe the fish in this lake prefer the shrimp becuase i never got one back after i cast it out. I was skunked but I missed alot of strikes, might be smaller fish, I dont know. At any rate I got strikes off the gold fish as well, the survivors i put in my fish tank at home and they are ready for round two.

3. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Better luck on your next go around. The fishing should start stepping up soon with the warming water temps.