Georgia Lakes

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Ga Fisher, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Ga Fisher

Ga Fisher New Member

State:
    Camilla,Ga
    hey all...newbie here..

from Georgia..

just wanted to post somethings..

so no one has really caught anything from lakes or rivers from Ga?

Well Ill put it this way...

I hook up 3 poles..

2 for cat...1 for bassin'

theres a hot spot down in Lake Seminole...about 80 miles from Albany...and of course there is Lake Blackshear ive caught plenty..

but the worst ive seen of fishing is in Lake Worth/ Lake Chehaw...boy that place is HARDDDDDDDD....the fish dont like anything you try to trow at them..

:sad:

:cursing:

anywhoo.... we set up a couple BushHooks/LimbLines...just to try out.. .see if any luck this past weekend...well we caught 2 -- 3lbers Channel Kitties on them..

Which was pretty cool!!

finally caught something

anywhoo...hope all enjoys..

Ga Fisher

Ps: Since I am rather new at fishing... how late is to late to fish? as in...Being its getting cold when about is the last time you can go fishing?? Family wanting to go on Thanksgiving is that toooo late?

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Fish year round as I only quit durring hunting season then I am back to fishing... LOL

3. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Welcome Ga fisher there is no reason not to fish when you want around here as the water don't freeze to solid in ga also check out the gathering threads might be of interest to you :cool:

4. Catnewb101

Catnewb101 New Member

State:
    Marietta, Georgia
    Welcome! Try fishing in the Chattahoochee and ocmulgee. Two great rivers.And listen, there is no time limit for fishing, execpt in those big money tourneys that they pay millions of dollars just to catch a fish!

5. Fishermancat1

Fishermancat1 Member

State:
    Cobb Co. Georgia
    I've done my research and from what i researched flathead catfish are in lake Allatoona.Why is it that ever time i here someone from around the way is catching catfish but not the flathead ones. Has anybody caught any flatheads in Allatoona and at what part of the lake did you catch them at?

thanks

6. catfishinrepoman

catfishinrepoman New Member

State:
    georgia
    no offense man but those two rivers run through the most densely populated regions of georgia, if you fish those two rivers,maintain a strict catch and release program unless you like that third eye growing out the back of your head

7. catfishinrepoman

catfishinrepoman New Member

State:
    georgia
    fish the flint river and get out in the country try to find the little creeks and rivers,i know down in the albany area there is withlacoochee river,satilla river , the flint, just to name a few try fishing those dont jump in the chattahoochee river trying to food fish,its been listed as the most polluted river in ga,i mean for criminy's sake it runs through downtown atlanta

8. eagleclaw22

eagleclaw22 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    i currently live over here in gwinnett county and have been fishing at this catfish lake called Twin bridges either youve heard of it or not its great for big and small catfish, two weekends ago i caught a 31 and a 42 pound flat within a hour. biggest one caught was a 97 pound flat, if you live close to this place try it out.

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Hey Andy where is the lake you are talking about I ain't heard of it but sounds interesting

10. eagleclaw22

eagleclaw22 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    when u enter there will be bridge on the left, when you cross it there will be a grassy point in the middle and it is a real good spot and you dont have to throw out very far,next to it will be another bridge that you can cross and there will be another point which is a hot spot to. these two have the best luck for me, couple months ago my cousin caught a 73 lb flat using a bream head. Bull heads, Whole bream, and Bream heads are very good there. Hope that helps.

11. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i have heard that point is a hot spot.....next time i go I will make the walk. I know it's not far but when you can just pull up to the other spots they are hard to pass up....I caught that blue on the bank directly opposite from the first point you are talking about.......hey eagle claw maybe we could hook up and fish sometime....i live about 5 miles away from the place......

12. Crash

Crash New Member

State:
    Georgia
    :smile2:
    Hi Neighbor!!! I live in Gwinnett also. I have fished the pond you are talking about. i caoght a real nice one, but was dissapointed in the fight. I fish on Lake laneir every night. Let me know if you want to go some night.
    lonniecross@bellsouth.net

13. eagleclaw22

eagleclaw22 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Twin bridges lake is not kept up well, they need salt blocks and need to fix the dam, i catch flats and blues all the time and they are beaten up most the time, that might be why the fight sucks for you. You say you fish at lake lanier? I have heard it is really hard to catch there but the size of the catfish or HUGE, Do you catch many?

14. THEBIGONEGOTAWAY

THEBIGONEGOTAWAY New Member

State:
    Georgia
    My cousin and I went to Twin Bridges for the first and and only time last earlier this month. We didn't catch a dang thing, I was highly disappointed in the place. I mean we payed 9.00 didn't catch anything but bream to use for bait. I also didn't like the old mans attitude, when I asked him questions about the place. I asked him where a good spot would be, he was like where ever you drop your hook in the water, well, if its that good of a place then we should have caught a bunch. I would agree, the place is poorly managed. I just don't see my self goin back to that palce ever again.

15. Crash

Crash New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Yeah, I fish Lanier nearly every night. I catch the heck out of the channels. I don't get the monsters but we usually catch 20 or so four - six ponders. I have been experimanting with the big ones with no luck so far. Let me know if you want to go sometime. I always need a partner.

16. Michael Snow GA.

Michael Snow GA. New Member

State:
    Georgia
    My son caught a 4 1/2 pounder 07/06/2006 under the Little River bridge.
    Caught on a bream head. Largest catch this year was 6 pound blue cat.
    Best fishing Monday - Friday since there is a boat launch about 300 yards away and 95% don't pay any attention to "IDLE SPEED/NO WAKE" signs.
    Where is the DNR when you need'em..

17. qball

qball New Member

State:
    Odum, Ga
    Welcome to the BOC Mike.

18. Snappy

Snappy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I know whatcha mean Mike. No respect sometimes. Welcome to the BOC!

19. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    welcome mike I need info about lake Blackshear and bank fishin any help is greatly appreciated

20. whitewhiskers

whitewhiskers New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    Cordele GA. is the next stop on the 2006 Welder's Tour. just got a call to go there n work on a power plant. SO! anybody know any good fishin n campin spots around there?. ive done a search n found Veterens state park on Blackshaer lake (sp) and one campsite in Cordele. any help would be nice n hey anybody want to hookup?