Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Georgia Alligator hunting

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AlanShort 
#1 ·
I wish I knew all the details on all big game tags and how to get drawed for them around the country so figure i would share how to get drew for a gator tag in Georgia. From june 1st through last day of July is the time to apply. Go to Gohuntgeorgia.com and register. Then click on qouta hunts and its pretty self explained. The first 3 years you will be denied almost gauranteed. Then it depends on what zone you want to hunt. If you google GON forum(georgia outdoor news) and go to the General hunting forum there is some good info with some guides there about how many points it takes usually for what zone. This will be my third year so maybe next year. You can hire a guide for around $500 a night and usually get one within a couple hours. On the gon forum if you get drawed find somebody else that got drawed for same zone and go with a guide. Can split the cost because its same price weather one or 3 people so it can be cheaper. Also pretty much the same way to get drawed on a good deer wma. I know alot about the wma's and which ones hold decent bucks and which ones suck so pm me if your interested in that department. Hope this helps somebody

#3 ·
If you are interested in hunting Arizona . Commando has the site set up so in the state sections you can find anything you want concerning state agencies . Since Catfish1 is my home page I can go to Az Game & Fish from right here . Arizona is set up pretty much like Georgia as far as points system it appears .

#4 ·
Thanks man. This site just keeps getting better and better every day.:biggrin1: Ive been on around a month almost everyday and Ive learned more here than all my years in school probably. Now I have probably 3 months of researching stuff in every state

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.