George's Rod Storage System

Discussion in 'Catfishing Library' started by BIG GEORGE, Feb 21, 2007.

1. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Just somethin I use to keep the rods up and out of harms way. It works great in my van,and I'm sure the same setup could be used in the roof of a truck cap. Three 4 foot 1 by 6's,a skill saw,some self tappin screws,felt, and a glue gun. One piece gets 6 or 7 holes cut in it, making sure you leave some sort of wing on it in order to screw it to the roof supports. this one gets mounted in the front. The middle board is pretty much cut down legth wise again leaving the wings. The back board is the one that takes a little time to do.You can see from the pic the design used. The back and front boards cuts need to be lined up with each other in order for the rods to rest in there properly.If you want line the holes and the scroll work with some felt to better protect the gear you paid so much money for.I don't care if a big cat destroys my rod,but while I'm totin them I like to take care of them. It keeps em up and out of the way of all the other stuff we are always tossin in the truck!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like that idea, but I have no woodworking talent, so I found something for those of us less skilled in the art of building, Berkley makes em, and I just put a couple pair in my truck. One end has parts that turn to keep the rods from dropping out of the foam, the other end has a foam lining so it doesn't mess up the rod handles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]