George Winter Park

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Tim70, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Tim70

Tim70 New Member

State:
    Maplewood, Missouri
    I was going to take my boat out on George Winter this past weekend, but a friend told me That due to the high water there would be way too much debris in the water and it is way too risky. I drove by on Saturday and there were a few boats out. Anybody been out there recently or have any other opinions. Thanks

2. Manny

Manny New Member

State:
    Arnold, Mo
    I have been on the Meramec the last 2 days very little debris. I dont know about George winter park but im down river of it.

3. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    You should be fine at Winter.I go ther when Flamm City is too low to put in.I don't think I've ever had to dodge debris in that area.Try the islands and ramps for shad,fish near snags and river bends for cats.Also,head up river for the best fishing.

4. TheMick

TheMick New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have been on the meramec at george winter numerous times this season. Last time I was there the water was so high that they said they were within 1 ft of closing the park. I havent had any problems as of yet. I have had some good luck fishing around there in the past, so an occaisonal log or two is worth it to me!

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Now this I like to hear. I have pretty much given up trying to find a decent fish on the Meramec. With all the trash I have fished around coming down the Mississippi, the Meramec has nothing to worry me, ifI could just find any fish there.:wink:

Oh, Welcome to the BOC!

6. deerhunter1626

deerhunter1626 New Member

State:
    missouri
    hello all i got a new name on here i went by catfishman352007 just wanted to let everyone know

7. daveinstlmo

daveinstlmo New Member

State:
    missouri
    The lower Meramec is awesome, there is just about everything in there that you can catch in Missouri except trout. I do best for bass when the water is up some, and do the best for everything else when the water is back down and the fish get back in their holes. When the water is really low I ditch my bass boat and take my jet ski to where I am going to fish and get off and walk/wade and catch TONS of fish in the deep holes. Throw a minnow or bluegill in and let it drift into or out of a deep hole and you will catch channels, largemouth, white bass, walleye, drum, carp, etc.. Every cast is something different. They must be piled in there right next to each other. There are tons of bait fish in the river, you never need to buy bait if you are using live bait. I have also caught all of the above on artificial lures. There are a lot or largemouth in the river but I have trouble catching big ones. I have a 21 foot bass boat, but it would probably be better if I had a smaller aluminum boat that would get around better in shallow water.