The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have any luck in the GW park area? My wife and I tried it a few times last year with no success, just wondering if anyone here has done better.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I have never catfished there, but I do go up there to spoonbill snag when the season opens. Every once in a while we snag a bill, but usually just asian carp.:wink:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
but if you can get into some big asians it would prolly be more fun than spoonies since you don't have to stop after you get 2.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know some guys that fish there alot and catch alot of crappie and white bass, I have not been there in years but plan on going as soon as my new boat gets in. There are some good cat holes if you find them.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Do you snag from the bank or out of the boat there?
All of my snagging/fishing is done by boat. I haven't bank fished other than for skipjack in years.:wink:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Let me know when your gonna go this year....I'd love to try that. Other than trying to snag some bait that time (you remember your thumb don't you?) I've never done it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have caught some good channels in the channel at GW. Haven't been there during the winter. During the summer I used Sonny's Original and killed them.

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
Sonny's Original is a killer bait for channels in ponds and lakes. I've never tried it out on a river because I stick with shad.

·
Banned
5,379 Posts
The current around George Winter Park is slow enough to be able to use Sonny's and if I were to use a commercial bait, that would be what I would use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts