George Winter Park area

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by dwidder, Feb 18, 2008.

1. dwidder

dwidder New Member

State:
    MO
    Any one have any luck in the GW park area? My wife and I tried it a few times last year with no success, just wondering if anyone here has done better.

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I have never catfished there, but I do go up there to spoonbill snag when the season opens. Every once in a while we snag a bill, but usually just asian carp.:wink:

3. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    but if you can get into some big asians it would prolly be more fun than spoonies since you don't have to stop after you get 2.

4. bc179whitetail

bc179whitetail New Member

State:
    St.Louis Missouri
    I know some guys that fish there alot and catch alot of crappie and white bass, I have not been there in years but plan on going as soon as my new boat gets in. There are some good cat holes if you find them.

5. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Do you snag from the bank or out of the boat there?

6. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    All of my snagging/fishing is done by boat. I haven't bank fished other than for skipjack in years.:wink:

7. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Let me know when your gonna go this year....I'd love to try that. Other than trying to snag some bait that time (you remember your thumb don't you?) I've never done it.

8. Chris Cordia

Chris Cordia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have caught some good channels in the channel at GW. Haven't been there during the winter. During the summer I used Sonny's Original and killed them.

9. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    Sonny's Original is a killer bait for channels in ponds and lakes. I've never tried it out on a river because I stick with shad.

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    The current around George Winter Park is slow enough to be able to use Sonny's and if I were to use a commercial bait, that would be what I would use.