George Carlin Dies at 71

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ozzy, Jun 23, 2008.

1. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
  2. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Can you cry under water?

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

Why do you have to "put your two cents in"... but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

Just things I think about.....

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural?

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

If Wiley E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME crap, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, what is baby oil made from?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
    Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride; he sticks his head out the window?

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thats great Ozzy! Thankx for the post.George R.I.P.
    smokey

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    A legend he was. He had a unique veiw on all aspects of life, and what went on around him........

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    oh my goodness. i was hoping he would join the presidental race. hed had my vote. seen him live. im saddened. told it like it was.

like me you f@t @^& scum suckin sniviling low life suit wearing baggy pants $*&^$)$)($&$&$_*&$_)$&_)$_)$(+_()+)(*(*+(+ ole.:smile2:

man i will miss george. a true tell it like it was er. i think he was smarter than most office holders.

rest in peice you @$$&^**_ no good *&&))(*)%^%* pr&%*(^( waving ()&^suck()&^)^)_*_*&_*&_&_)*(&) you.:smile2:

reminded me of our own big george.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's a shame. I will miss his humor. R.I.P.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i hear ya. we all gotta go. guess just hate to loose some more than others. burry me with my @$$ up. right next to him.

8. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    One of my favorite comedians of all time and a true pioneer. He laid the foundation for our current comedy landscape. I love his quotes, have his books, and wanted to see him live.

If no one knows when a person is going to die, how can we say he died prematurely?

I'm not a person who thinks he can have it all, but I certainly feel that with a bit of effort and guile I should be able to have more than my fair share.

I don’t believe in road rage; I prefer the gentle rebuke. If I don’t like the way someone is driving, I pull up alongside the other car and say, “I hope your children turn our poorly.”

9. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Mr George Carlin was an Icon and Legend in the Comedian Halls of Honor in his own right!
    I did not always agree with everything he said, although I agreed with a lot, if not most, of what he said but I think what I admired about him most was that he had the courage to strip away all the glamor and glitter, all the "gift wrap" and colored paper, and whatever else members of society use to hide the real truth and tell it like it IS. And use the language of the "common man/woman" to describe it no matter if he was in public, on TV, Radio, no matter what the media! I think I took some of the lessons I learned from him and applied them to some of the situations I've been in over the years.
    Maybe thats why "sometimes" my mouth still gets me in trouble. :wink:
    Let us hope there are always such beings among us to keep us from going insane in seriousness and to remind us to look around, look up in the sky; day and night, and remember it's all only temporary, so why not laugh once in a while too. It's good for the Soul.
    And so ... ... yet again, we loose yet another of the "Good Ones" we are used to seeing on TV.
    There will be many that emulate him, and there will be those that succeed him, but I doubt there is anyone that will ever surpass him. One thing that will never be surpassed is the standards he set, and used, on his shows! In that, he will always be FIRST, for however long human history lasts!
    While many would tell George to "Rest In Peace" I somehow just can't imagine him doing that! Somehow, I think if he gets the chance, he will have a few words for Our CREATOR too!!:wink:
    "Thanks for the memories George; We'll miss ya"
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[{End of Post]]]]]

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    He will be missed. RIP George. :sad2:

11. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    The 7 words you can`t say on tv.........RIP MR. Carlin.

12. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

That's the first thing that came to mind,Dan. Altho those 7 are used extensively now days,they were taboo back in the 70s:smile2: I will miss his one of a kind humor.

13. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I've yet to see a weather forecast more accurate than the Hippy Dippy Weatherman.

I have a few of his albums, and I'll be listening to them while hoisting a tall cold one in his honor tonight.

Thanks, George. You will be missed.

14. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    He was definetly a legend and pioneer! Always been my favorite. I remember having one of his albums that I had to hide from my mother back in the 60's. I will surely miss him!

15. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Usually I don't think twice about a celebrities passing. Usually it does not mean much of anything to me. However, in my book George was different. I have spent this morning looking at youtube videos of Carlin, and reading from my collection of his books. He has shaped my comedic view of many things.

George on Death (There were many other good videos you can link to from this, they were just rather vulgar for me to post here. But we all know how George was.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PiZSFIVFiU&NR=1

16. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    The 7 dirty words were my first thoughts also when I saw this post. Now it's a shame they are common words on a school bus. Times have changed and not for the better in that regard.

He was a one of a kind. Defined the meaning of thinking outside the box.

17. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    He was a Classic.. Very funny man that didnt take any BS from anyone.... How many remember him as Rufus in the Bill and Ted movies.. The guy was a comical genius. and its sad to see him and the many others go

18. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Lets not ferget the stuff:wink:now both of my favorites are gone Sam and George :sad2: