Geographical Center of the United States

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by AwShucks, Aug 12, 2008.

1. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
  2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    LOL That comes up all the time. But if its meaning the BOC big get together is not in the middle? They are going by where the most members are.
    Now that does sound like a great place to have have a gathering... Fresh stink bait there in that Hog farm in Ks.
    You know for years I sure thought the center of the US was in MO. But then again I had a teacher tell me that when I was in grade school. LOL
    Thanks for the link. Good info.
    Pete

3. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Granted...there are some hogs in Kansas...4 legged...and then there are those big ol' hog flatties we have here too.

The nice thing about the Neosho river here in Kansas is its lack of fishing pressure...and the peace of mind a guy gets when you're the only boat on it.

The coyotes howling, a lonely midnite train whistle in the distance, the peeper and bull frogs croaking, and the dueling hoot owls are a nice distraction while sitting on a gravel bar fishing by a big fire.

We fish mainly south of Chetopa, Ks and into Oklahoma...and all a guy sees are a few locals at some of the really good spots...but only on occasion. Most times the spots are open for the taking.

We also put in at Oswego, Ks and run north 45 minutes to get to a spot with deeper water and a bunch of old bridge pilings...where we tear up flathead.

We're all alone when we go way up there...that ramp in Oswego is the ONLY one on that section of the river for many many miles.

Maybe we should set up our own little mini gathering in this area?

There's a couple of public areas fit to do so...with amenities to boot by the ramps. Or we could go primitive.

My schedule is wide open this fall...most people will be hunting by then.

I'll still be fishing.

4. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Why chosen? the most members are in that area, Kentuchy, Tennessee, Ohio, Pa, North Carolina, and and throw in Illinois is where the most member reside, Simple as that, oh do not forget Mo.

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY

MO! What about Larry and Curly? LOL!

6. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey now there are a few of us in Iowa too:roll_eyes:

7. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    ive only been counting since i joined and ive only been counting a member when i seen em post. there are 229 Kansas members that i have and i know that aint all of em.

so, the question is.... who has us Kansans beat ?? :cool2:

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Theres a online map. Or was where everyone stuck a pin where they lived. And within a 100 miles or so. Most were there. Also I think if you figure Tn, Mo, Ky IL, Oh or most other states that join Ky. Were as thick as flees on a blue tick hound.
    Pete