GENERATOR AND A LOG CHAIN, LOL

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Mr. Foster, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Went fishing at my local dam and a good ole boy showed up about 3am. He asked how I was doing, and I replied "not really biteing". He suggested we get a log chain and a generator and we could clean up, lol. I thought he was jokeing but after the third time asking, I started to wonder. Anyways I put this under alternate methods of fishing jus because I got a kick out of this guy, and had never heard of that. :roll_eyes:

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    just a little bit on the illegal side im sure fish and game would love to see him fishing his way

3. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Ya just a little.

4. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    They got catfishstunners on ebay that are supposed to work pretty good.

5. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    IF I cant catch it on R&R I dont want it.

6. turnerfish36

turnerfish36 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i agree the pole is the way to go:smile2:

7. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    When I was a kid they used to talk about Telephoning. They used those old crank type phones to shock them. Very illegal.

8. IA Flatcatter

IA Flatcatter New Member

State:
    SE IA. on the skunk river
    A generator tied to a chain in the water would be an easy way to get dead if you didn't know what you were doing... not to mention the not legal thing.

9. Catman50plus

Catman50plus New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Not only is it not legal, like said before it is dangerous. One ole boy came from Ark. to the Tenn side, and was calling up some, and my friend caught him, and when they went to court the judge decided he wanted to feel what the fish felt. This guy had taken a 7 bar phone, and attached a windshiel wiper motor to it, so after the judge made him put the wires to the battery, with the judge holding the wires, it knocked him out of his chair, and almost out of his robe, the judge fined him the max, and gave him 30 days in jail. Would not want to get caught in Shelby county doing it.

10. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Yep I agree R&R and that guy who invented those "stunners" like he was talking bout on e-bay outta have one strapped to his manhood and fired up Heck might as well fish with dynamite if your gonna do that. That aint fishing thats harvesting to me:eek:oooh:

11. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Tommy Welcome to the BOC. That is an interesting story that I would have liked to have seen. :smile2:

12. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    like mickey said, thats pretty wild....

im with these other fellers, im a R&R guy myself, and every so often i would through a few jugs out just to see what will happen. you wont catch me shocking fish to catch them. but i dont eat them ether, so its more the chase and the fight that turns me on.

when i first read this thread i thought you were talking about scratching the bottom up making the fish active. i have a buddy thats grandfather would take an old mattress and burn it to get the springs out of it. then drop the springs behind a small boat and drag the bottom of his pond up. it would make the fish active as all get out and they would catch a ton of cats after he would stir everything up.

13. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    i have used a fish stunner on a friends private pond to get the fish out so we could make it larger and they worked great but thats the only way they are legal if used on private waters by the owners

14. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I have 2 of the catfish stunners and they will make the asain carp dance . Its like it rains carp when turning the stunner on . We got them to use in a freinds pond for getting the gills and shad out of there . Did try it in the river once but like I said the carp go flying letting everyone around know there is something not right..........lol

15. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Well guys, it's just another way to harvest fish. If it's not legal, don't do it, but it is legal where I'm from and it's a hoot.

Cats don't stay stunned for very long, and if you've ever seen a couple of red neck gals bail out of a boat amongst the tree roots and wrestle with some of these fish, you'd say it was a hoot too.

Another thing is, you can do it at night, but you can't see the fish, so it's a daylight thing mostly. From what I've seen, many shocked fish get away, but i've also seen folks set out over 100 jugs at night, and really clean up.

16. arizhunter

arizhunter New Member

State:
    Goodyear, Az
    The fish ain't biting, I see nothing wrong with some harmless joking and bull to past the time, as long as everyone knows it's just that. If it not legal, I'm not doing it!. Besides that the only way I care to catch a fish is by using my rod and reel

17. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    I WOULD NOT WANT TO BE SITTING A ALUM BOAT AND DO THAT. I DO NO THAT A M -80 TIED TO A ROCK AND THROWN IN THE WATER WILL STING YOUR ASS IF SITTING IN A ALUM. BOAT,
    HELPS THE HIM ROUDS .
    TAKE TWO METAL CURTIN ROD AND WIER IN A ELECT. CORD SPACE THE RODS ABOUT A FOOT AND HALF PUG THE CORD IN AND NIGHT CRAWLERS WILL COME TO THE TOP. JUST REMEMBER TO UN PULG BEFORE MOVEING THE RODS (OUCH OUCH WOW WE.....:msn-busy:

18. catfisherman04

catfisherman04 Well-Known Member

State:
    Derby Ks
    how does that make fish active ? id like to give it a try in my farm pond

19. catfisherman04

catfisherman04 Well-Known Member

State:
    Derby Ks
    tryed that and it never worked for me