Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy guys, anybody ever done any gelcoat patching? Someone who will remain nameless( he is a muddy canine) was going to pick some up for me and he dropped the ball. Where to get it? What all is needed to perform such a task that will pass muster? I have two deep gouges on my bow from the winch. Any help will be appreciated.
Bigwhiskers

·
Registered
422 Posts
West Marine has repair kits for it. As far as using it is concerned, your guess is better than mine. Click here for the kit.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...eId=10001&Ntk=Primary+Search&ddkey=SiteSearch

If you look in the "Yellow Pages" you'll find numerous folks who do fiberglass tub repairs. They can fix your boat just as well but most don't want to climb or lay under the boat. A fix at the bow should be pretty simple. The fellow who repairs all our damaged tubs lives in Henderson NC. I have his number. PM me if you'd like it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bryan, maybe I'm an idiot,but....., I kinda want to tackle it myself. Hey, I did it, why shouldn't I undo it? I do thank you for your reply and the info. Maybe we'll see each other at the NC gathering. I'll be the one with the git-fiddle and the mason jar. Gotta keep Dirtydawg out of it, he's greedy. Like bluegrass?
Bigwhiskers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.