gelcoat patching?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by bigwhiskers, Feb 28, 2008.

1. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Howdy guys, anybody ever done any gelcoat patching? Someone who will remain nameless( he is a muddy canine) was going to pick some up for me and he dropped the ball. Where to get it? What all is needed to perform such a task that will pass muster? I have two deep gouges on my bow from the winch. Any help will be appreciated.
    Bigwhiskers

2. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    West Marine has repair kits for it. As far as using it is concerned, your guess is better than mine. Click here for the kit.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wc...eId=10001&Ntk=Primary+Search&ddkey=SiteSearch

If you look in the "Yellow Pages" you'll find numerous folks who do fiberglass tub repairs. They can fix your boat just as well but most don't want to climb or lay under the boat. A fix at the bow should be pretty simple. The fellow who repairs all our damaged tubs lives in Henderson NC. I have his number. PM me if you'd like it.

3. bigwhiskers

bigwhiskers New Member

State:
    Elon, North Ca
    Thanks Bryan, maybe I'm an idiot,but....., I kinda want to tackle it myself. Hey, I did it, why shouldn't I undo it? I do thank you for your reply and the info. Maybe we'll see each other at the NC gathering. I'll be the one with the git-fiddle and the mason jar. Gotta keep Dirtydawg out of it, he's greedy. Like bluegrass?
    Bigwhiskers

4. Bryan8552

Bryan8552 New Member

State:
    nc
    Yes, I do like Bluegrass. When and where is the NC gathering?

5. dirtydawg

dirtydawg New Member

State:
    nc
    Someone say mason jar?...bluegrass?...Big whiskers you're boat is gone....

6. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    get it clean and follow instructions