Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a guy that works for Interstate Batteries. They pull brand new batteries off the shelf after a certain amount of time. They finally got some deep cycle gel cell batteries available, as of right now they only have eight and he said they go fast. They are only $75 bucks and have a one year warranty. I think these are normally over 200 bones. If anybody wants some let me know and I'll see if they are still available. I think he also has regular one for $30 bucks. Call or PM if interested.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got a little more info. These are pretty big ones. Group 31 and 1000 cca.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the Gel batteries good for marine use? If so, I would like to have two of em if possible. Are you close to Columbia, MO?
Hey Robert, I would do your own research but I have heard they are the top of the line for marine and RV use. They are located in the St. Louis area. If your coming this way I can tell where the store is.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got some more info guys. This is local pickup only.
You must have a core battery or the charge is an additional $16
Speak with Delbert if you go there he said initially the core would have to be a light commercial battery but agreed to accept a regular one.
Dimensions 12 13/16 x 6 1/2 x 9 3/8 tall.
1125 cranking amps
900 cold cranking amps
Interstate batteries
13602 Northwest ind. dr.
near St. Charles Rock Road and Earth city
314-770-9866 Ask for Delbert
I can also pickup for someone if I will see you soon and you DO NOT leave me holding them (IE: backout, change your mind, they don't fit your boat, etc.)

PS.......They are OPTIMA batteries

·
Registered
868 Posts
Hey Robert, I would do your own research but I have heard they are the top of the line for marine and RV use. They are located in the St. Louis area. If your coming this way I can tell where the store is.
Okay, will he hold them for me and I will be there tomorrow. If he will hold them, PM me and give me the address & phone number where I can pick them up. Thanks bro.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay, will he hold them for me and I will be there tomorrow. If he will hold them, PM me and give me the address & phone number where I can pick them up. Thanks bro.
Robert look at my previous post for info. I did find out he has more than eight, I didn't ask how many more but they should still be some tomorrow. Call and ask.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Doug, I only work a couple of blocks from the interstate store, I don't know how convenient it is for you to get there. I'd pick them up if you want me to, even if your going to get them yourself, stop by my house I've got a couple old batteries to use for the core charge and I'd be happy to get them out of my garage.

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Mark,
I have a couple of cores myself. As of now no one has asked me about picking any up for them. I think its a heck of a deal if someone wanted to try the gel cell route as these are normally over $200 bucks. We buy all of our batteries for work from this off the shelf program and have never noticed a difference in the longevity. BTW they told me the shelf life is 15 months and then they pull them.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Thanks Mark,
I have a couple of cores myself. As of now no one has asked me about picking any up for them. I think its a heck of a deal if someone wanted to try the gel cell route as these are normally over $200 bucks. We buy all of our batteries for work from this off the shelf program and have never noticed a difference in the longevity. BTW they told me the shelf life is 15 months and then they pull them.
It's one heck of a deal for a optima battery, they carry them at Costco and even the member price on one would be right at 200. If I hadn't just bought a new one for my boat I'd be all over this deal.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I called Intestate batteries today to see if they had more of those batteries. He said we have them all the time. I went in and he said they dont have deep cell batteries. I got a battery for 22 dollars. They are classified as used. Top post. They mix the new ones that have exceeded the shelf limit with the used ones. There is a 90 day warranty with them. I mentioned Dougs name thinking that it was limited to just a few people in the know. Still not a bad deal for a spare battery. Same price all the time he said. Plenty of them

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll try to get clarification on the battery situation. The ones I spoke about were all brand new on the shelf to the left as soon as you walk in the door the used rack is to the right. They must be out of them. These were $75 with a one year warranty and said "Marine" on them he said they were deep cycle, I dunno. If anyone is still interested in some let me know and I'll call and find out the scoop.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.