Geist Res.

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by buckeater, Jun 13, 2009.

1. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    went and fished the friday night tourny at giest last night and had a blast. this was my first time fishing a lake this year. we caught over 30 cats i lost count after the first couple of hours. the only time period were we didnt get hits is when we tried shad. all our fish came off of live and cut gills, live and cut chubs, and cut sucker. our biggest was just shy of 8 lbs so nothing big, but it was fun. we threw back more 4-6 lbers than you could shake a stick at. talked to a bunch of other teams and they also said they caught close to 20 or more. there were some flatheads caught and the biggest was 36lbs.

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Giest is awesome for channels - can't imagine a better place.
    I don't hear too much about Flatties. I've hear there are blues though.

3. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    way to go.... sounds like you definately found the channels

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I've caught some 10lb+ channels on Fall Creek just below Geist. There's also some nice flatheads in there but they are hard to find. Congrats on the active night!

5. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds like fun... wish I could have made it out tonight.. Didnt have to work but they wait and tell me after I had already came in..:angry:

6. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    sound like you a great time in the tourney