Geez.. i hate to ask this...

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by Rollinunknown, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Rollinunknown

Rollinunknown New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Missouri
    I should know this but ive been reading so much lately and ive still to this day never riged a Carolina Rig can anyone help me out here with a Pic or something ?

Ive goggled it and everything all i find is bass setup's .

This is how i rig and have always riged but it seams the Carolina setup works great?...

[​IMG]

2. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    run the main line thru a no roll sinker next place a plastic bead or some sort of stop so the wieght does not come in contac with the line you just tied to the swviel ..now tie your leader to the other end of the swveil and that's it.

3. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    the bass set up is the same except use a no -roll and a bigger hook

4. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri
  5. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio

that is the exact point. katfish ken and i use a variation of that where we will put a second swivel on instead of a sinker. all you do is put the line through one end of your swivel so that it can move freely. then a bead then tie to your second swivel. then tie on your hook. take a piece of lighter weight line, i use 8 lb test, about 2-3 feet in length tie it to swivel number one tie the free end to your sinker. then you get the advantage of a 3 way rig, coupled with the advantage of a carolina rig, and if your weight gets hung then the lighter weight line will break off and all you have to retie is a sinker, you have saved your hook, swivel and bead. im not sure if the pics will come out, but hopefully you can make them out...

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      9.6 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      16.1 KB
      Views:
  6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    A lot of people use the Caroline rig for catfishing.

7. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Yup. You can fish this rig free spool or tight-lined. I use egg sinkers in rocky conditions with no current. I seem to snag up less.

8. Rollinunknown

State:
    Missouri

Yeah thats like a break away setup i use but thats a cool deal ... theres a ton of rocky bottoms here that the normal way you would lose your stuff but that way u just lose a sinker ... not a bad deal at all! those 8/0's add up fast when you lose 4-5 aday with a 4-5oz sinker on them heh.:confused2:

9. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    If you lose that many weights you should consider making your own. There is an initial cost for the metal mold kit and raw material. But you will save exponentially in the end.

I don't fish many rocky areas or I would definitely be making my own. Check this site http://catalog...................com/. They sell molds for several types of sinkers for a reasonable price.

Good luck

10. Chicago

Chicago New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Oh WOW . . . websites are sensored now???!:angry: Check out the online catalog at Catfish connection (all one word)(put a www in front)