GEETING BAIT FOR OHIO RIVER

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ohio hilljack, Oct 17, 2008.

1. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    DREW AND I ARE GOING TO THE RIVER IN THE MORNING SO TO PREVENT THE TROUBLES WE HAD LAST WEEK AT BUCKEYE WE WENT TO PAINT CREEK TO GET SOME. THIS WAS A GREAT PLAN, AND ENSURES THAT THE BAIT WILL BE THERE TOMORROW.YEA RIGHT. NUMBER ONE SHAD WERE HARD TO FIND WITH THE WIND BLOWING AND THE COLD FRONT THAT HAS MOVED IN. NUMBER TWO ,YOU GET TWO FISH CRAZY HILLJACKS IN A BOAT ON THE LAKE AND THEY ARE GOING TO GO FISHING AND USE MOST OF THE BAIT THEY JUST CAUGHT. I'M TELLING YOU WE ARE DUMB AROUND HERE,USED UP ALMOST ALL THE BAIT AND NOW THE OHIO TRIPS GOING TO BE DETIRMINED BY WHAT KIND OF BAIT WE CAN CATCH WHEN WE GET THERE. OF COURSE THERE WAS A REASON WE USED SO MUCH BAIT, THE FISH WERE SLAMMING ANYTHING THAT HIT THE TOP OF THE WATER. IN TWO AND A HALF HOURS WE BOATED 29 CHANNEL CATS. THREE ARE BIG ENOUGH TO COUNT FOR US VS THEM. THE BIGGEST WAS 11 POUNDS 4 OUNCES THE OTHERS WERE BOTH CLOSE TO SEVEN AND A HALF. CAUGHT A SLEW OF FOUR TO SIX POUNDERS AND OF COURSE A FEW DINKS ALSO. OF COURSE EVERYTHING WAS NOT ROSY. THE WIVES DIDN'T THINK MUCH OF OUR QUICK TRIP TO THE LAKE THE DAY BEFORE WE GO FOR A ALL DAYER . AND DID ANYONE KNOW THAT TOMORROW WAS THAT NEW WOMENS HOLIDAY SWEETEST DAY. SOMETIMES I'M PRETTY GOOD AT FALLING IN IT.

2. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    I am heading out tommarow with about 40 peices of bait. If I run out it must have been a good trip. Congrats on the channels. Ohio needs them more than ever:roll_eyes:.

3. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sounds like you had a great day!! Congrats on the channels and i hope you do just as well if not better tomorrow!!! Sweetest Day ?? That must be why i'm not allowed to go tomorrow.

4. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Congrats on all those channels Willie! Keep 'em comin' brother.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    YOU GOT TO SLOW DOWN BROTHER!!! At this rate I will never be able to catch up! Sounds like a great trip. I suspect you will be able to get bait just fine. Might even be able to get some fresh skipjack.

so tell me: How do you like drifting now?? You seem to have it down

6. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    EVEN DREW IS PRETTY SURE IT'S WORKIN BROTHER

7. ec43146

ec43146 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    good luck out there today, tear em up:smile2: