geese ducks AND THE ICE

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by crazyjet1, Feb 17, 2008.

1. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was down looking at the lake the other day and was wishing i had my camera. This isnt the first time i have seen this around indy but i could never do anything about it any of the times. The ducks i guess overstayed there welcome and ending up freezing in the ice the other night and they couldnt get out. They are still stuck out there and the ice isnt thick enought to walk out there and save them so i dont know what to do. Was wondering if anything like this has happend to you guys or if you have seen a goose stuck in the ice also. Ive noticed a couple this year but never any other year i guess they missed the train south. Thought i would share this and see if im the only one that has seen those pore gesse stuck out there.

2. LafayetteRiverRunner

LafayetteRiverRunner New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Right now till the end of March you have a special goose season there in and around Indy. You can shoot 5 geese a day . They are trying to get the numbers down.

3. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats a good thing to know man but it still no help because i cant dicharge a firearm in marion county. Thanks thoe for the advice might have to give it a shot one of these days.

4. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    send a dog out after them? lol

5. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    bout the only u could do is try & break the ice, depends how far out they are

6. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Just an FYI
    Actually unless something has changed I believe the proposal to ban the discharge of firearms in Marion County was defeated last summer and never became law[/COLOR]. Bunch of left wing do gooders at work again to punish lawful gun owners. They thought passing a law would stop gang bangers from shooting inside the county. DUH![/SIZE][/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Wednesday, June 13, 2007 On Monday, June 11, by a vote of 16-8, the Indianapolis Marion County City-County Council soundly defeated Proposal 174 – an ordinance that would have severely restricted the lawful discharge of firearms within the consolidated City-County.

In taking this action, the Council has clearly listened to the will of its constituents. During the public comment period on Proposal 174, not a single person spoke in support of the measure. Rather, the Council heard appeals from hundreds upon hundreds of law-abiding gun owners, hunters and sportsmen, calling upon the Council to enforce existing laws instead of placing further restrictions on the residents of Indianapolis-Marion County.

We are grateful that the Council stood on the side of law-abiding citizens by rejecting this ill-advised proposal. Special thanks to all of the NRA members, hunters, sport shooters and Second Amendment supporters who worked so hard in opposition to Proposal 174!

7. BailBonds

BailBonds New Member

State:
    Indiana
    This was the result of straight line winds in Avon IN a few weeks ago. The DNR recovered over 100 ducks and geese. Check out the fence. One Jamaican guy was reported as saying " I had a geese on my bed". Strange weather.

Attached Files:

8. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
  9. Roadkillwarrior

Roadkillwarrior New Member

State:
    Indiana
    What makes you think that they are frozen into the ice? they are probably just resting on the ice. Ducks and geese can melt out a section of ice by sitting on it or keep it from freezing by the body heat radiation especially in large numbers. They probably just appear to be frozen in the ice but highly unlikely to be frozen in the ice.

10. crazyjet1

crazyjet1 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    No road killer these ducks are frozen in the ice its been a couple days of cold weather now and its just getting thicker they stopped making noise last night so i dont know but there deffinitly frozen brother.

11. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thats a shame they have to die like that but it nature, i guess.

12. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Maybe do them a favor and use a high powered air rifle.:sad2: