Geary State Lake

Discussion in 'KANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by sfcbrown, Sep 3, 2009.

1. sfcbrown

sfcbrown New Member

State:
    KS,Enterprise
    I was looking at heading to Geary this weekend Ive fished it twice not too much luck but caught a few any advice from anyone who fishes it regularly on where to go

2. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome aboard to the BOC Mitch. Not familiar with that area but I am sure someone will assist you soon. Good luck fishing!

3. KAW RIVER KILLER

KAW RIVER KILLER New Member

State:
    Lenexa, KS
    My brother in law lives a few miles North of the lake and we went there to catch bait last time I was out there. I talked to a guy that was launching his boat, and I'm pretty sure he said that there are some snags at either end of the dam that produce. Don't know myself, didn't do anything there but catch bait.

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Mitch, like Garen said, if you're shore fishing, the East end of the dam would be a good spot, if it's not to weedy, walk South away from the dam to the little cove. I fish that area from the Catoon, it's pretty deep right there, if you can cast out pretty good. It is kinda snaggy though.
    If you're in a boat, tie up right on the point between the two big coves, that's where both creek channels come together, pretty deep there too. Also, the bank to the South of the dam on the West side is pretty good, but quite a climb down, you can drive around to there though.
    If you try for bait, don't cast net for shad, I believe it's illegal, I know it used to be.
    Almost forgot, it'll probably be pretty busy with campers this weekend, usually is, even without a holiday.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. sfcbrown

sfcbrown New Member

State:
    KS,Enterprise
    Thanks guys Ill give it a try see what i come up with

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Mitch.

7. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    It's been alot of years but my grandpa used to take me fishing there for cats along the west shore,caught so many channel cat on lucky seven blood bait it wasn't even funny. that was back in the early 80's. grandparents are gone now,but the memories remain.