Gearing up "The Kid" for the season

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SubnetZero, Mar 20, 2006.

1. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I've got a 6 yo thats anxiously awaiting warm weather. Im wanting to upgrade his setup to something a bit better then his current Spiderman rig hehe..

I plan on using an old 33 I have, but would like to find a pole that fits him. He can cast the spiderman no problem, but has a hard time with the standard rods.. Anyone have any recommendations on a good, Short rod I can use for him..

He'll be mainly catching blue gill, bass, and channels from a pond with the occasional trips out to the Lakes with me..... He got into something last year at the lake the broke the line before he could get it to the surface..Trying to get
    him setup so that wont happen again :)

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Subnet my 7 year old is the same way but the spiderman or whatever is too "kiddish" LOL. He now has a couple of decent spinncasters and a 404 combo that I just bought him. Everytime I get a new R/R he gets all jealous and wants one too LOL. He has about 5 of them now he is going to be bad when he gets older. Oh well I might as well start him out now.

The only problem I have now is my soon to be 4 year old will not go number 2 in the pot so I have given him a 202 combo and have not taken it out of the package untill he starts doing that, but it doesnt seem to phase him :sad: . I wish I could take them both out but I have to stand up to him otherwise he will see me as I really am and thats a pushover to go fishing LOL.

3. aaronm283

aaronm283 New Member

State:
    missouri
    potie traing im sure glad thoses days are over lol

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Mines just having a heck of time getting the timing down with a standard size pole.. If I could find him a good say, 4-5 footer I think he would be mucho happier....