Gearhead any luck?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Shark, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Did you go sat night ? Any luck?

2. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Did'nt catch any blue cats but we caught 5 channels nothing big and three bullheads ,three stripers the biggest being about 8 lbs had some live bluegill out for flatheads and had a good heavy something for a few seconds and it let go but took my bluegill. I could'nt find the shad this time I tried in garr creek ,I did'nt go to the dam to look its hard for me to find bait in the afternoon ,I just caught some bluegill and cut them up. But had a nice time.

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    You got a striper on a cut gill? cool, never done that before. Were you fishing up river and how deep. Thanks Jeremy!

4. Shark

Shark Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thats cool thats probally what I'm going to do I can catch some blue gill or brim I don't have alot of luck with shad. Were you up river close to the dam ? How late did you fish ? I'm wanting to go wensday night but I'm not sure about the cold front comming through. Sounds like you had a good time thats what matters.

5. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Hey, if you go Wed. night, then use live and cut perch on the bottom and you'll get the flats. I got 13 Fri. night from 12-18 lb. fishing up river. lots of perch at the dam right now. big one came on cut perch. most on live bait. hooked one that was at least 30 lb., but wrapped up and broke the leader. good luck and let us know how you do. see ya

6. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I was fishing by the railroad tracks around the three danger boeys on the lower side of graveyard island .