Gdotte river guys!

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by DANZIG, Mar 25, 2009.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Just a heads up,,,,,looks like they are doing major work on the second(from the Ohio R) railroad bridge.

2. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Hmmm. I need to try out the mouth on my side like you told me to last year. It is down river from the mouth and should be a lot better than all those guys fishing upstream over out the boat launch. It's only a couple blocks from my house.:wink:

3. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey guys is the boat ramp open now ,i know its gets silted in come spring.i'm thinking of a trip up there real soon:wink:

4. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have not been down there yet, but from the bridge it appears that the parking lot is clean.

Maybe Don could swing by and eyeball it for us.

5. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    that would be great! see you guys up there sometime:smile2:

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Larry, I drove by the ramps today and Gdotte looks like mud below the water line. Not awful, but you would not want you rear tires in it I reckon.

I forgot to look at Indian Guyan(ohio side), but did get a look at Sciota (I think that is what it is called right by the 6th st bridge Ohio side) and that one had mud above the water line.

Didn't get to look at 10 st, it might be better?

7. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    hey thanks man i guess it will be awhile before i fish the guyandotte thats a shame:sad2:

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I may get a chance to look at 10st tomorrow, let you know if I do.

Got down to the Gdotte at B'ville for a couple hours after work.

Got one little Drum, but saw some large Shad and what I think was a couple of Stripers working the surface.

I don't think it is time yet but,,,, I reckon it is getting pretty close.

9. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Got round to looking at the 10 St ramps today.

The upstream ramp has acquired a log jam.

The downstream side looked serviceable but the water is still up. When back down, I reckon it is muddy.

10. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Sorry guys. I haven't been on here in a while. I've been seeing some boats using the ramp on the Guyandotte. They dredged it a few weeks ago and I have seen boats using the ramp since then. I didn't see the mud level though. I guess I don't pay as much attention to the mud level since I don't have a boat yet.:sad2: But I will by next year!:eek:oooh: Going out somewhere tomorrow. I caught a few last week at the Winfield locks. It should be getting good this week!!!!! Let's hope.

11. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    any body know what shape the guyandotte is near ohio:wink:

12. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Up near Bville it is up just a bit(foot or 3) but running fairly clear.

I dropped by the WV side of the gallyopolis(Byrd) lock and dam today and the water looked fine. Only saw two fishing though, Ohio side in what looked to be a 14 Jon.

13. catfishguy

catfishguy New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I've fished below the mouth of the Guyandotte twice now and the only thing I have caught has been leaves (lots of leaves) and trees. I'm not going to fish below the mouth any more. If I fish the Guyandotte, it will be on the other side where the boat ramp is, or farther up in the river itself. I haven't given up on the Guyandotte, I just picked a bad spot. Going to keep trying though. Caught a lot of cats elsewhere though.:smile2:

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Me and Mankind are gonna be hitting the Guyandotte next week maybe, if it doesn't rise too much. I'll have my WV license within the next couple days...I can't wait!!!:cool2:

15. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    OK, fess up!!
    Who was it Catfishing from the boat just up from the mouth today??

I saw you from the bridge!

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Why didn't you holler, It was probably me and larry.:smile2: I love that place!!!:cool2:

17. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Was it you two?

I was in a rush to get to Pville and just had enough time to glance over n tell there was catfishing going on.

Couldn't even say there was two in the boat, but I did notice the big rod rack/holder on the stern.

18. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Yep, that was us. Thats the rod rack Larry & Katfish Ken made. I got my WV license today so we decided to hit it. Nice little river for sure!

19. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Do any good??

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Larry caught 2 Channels, 4 & 5lbs and a small striper. I didn't land any...:embarassed: I had a really nice flattie on but he came off. When I reeled the gill in the hook had came back and buried itself in the gill.:angry: That cost me a heck of a fish!
    Still had a great time as always, hope to get back up there real soon.