"Gators gone wild"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by copycat, May 17, 2006.

1. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    What is going on down in Florida? Are the gators targeting people for food. Is there enough natural prey for them. I know that bears when starving will attack humans if givin the chance.

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Most of that is cause by people feeding the gators. They get acustom to people and then they have no fear of them. And when people toss food in the water the gators think anything people toss in is food, even swimmers.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    dang, here I thought this thread was about Jim goin wild now that he has had his surgery

4. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
  5. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Gator Hit The Nail Right On The Head. If You See Where These People Were Attacked At, It Was Not In a Desolate Area Where They Have Had Little & Or No Human Contact Before.

Right Now It Is Breeding Season & They Are Very Aggressive, So The People That Think They Are "Cute" And Get Close to Them, Are Percieved As A Threat & Ultimately Attacked.

We Have Lots Of Gators On Our Hunting Lease But Since It Is A Remote Area & They Have Little Human Contact, They Try To Avoid You As Much As Possible.

The Only Time I Have Ever Been Aggressed By A Gator Is When I Decided To Play With Some Little Ones That I Found Swimming In A Mud Hole, Momma Was :angry: :angry: :angry: But That Was Totally My Fault, So Again Who's To Blame ?..... Usually The Human Factor....Elliot

6. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Dam fools wanna keep fillin in and build their cookie cutter houses, let them suffer the results!

7. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    The water is getting really low and they stacking up in what water is left.
    More gatoris in one place = less food for them. This drought continues they will be in the swimming pools before long.

8. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC

ok, now we have figgered out that we are talkin about little lizzards, I always thought they were food!! I don't want a cow to bite me but I eat hamburgers!:lol:

9. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Good Lord! Since when is defending "life & limb" hunting without a license?If it had been a bigger gator would that have been okay? Or, maybe if it attacked & drowned a human? Boy, sometimes I just don't get it!

10. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    nothing is going on, it happens every year at mating time, it's just the news.

11. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I've seen the news and it is unfortunate, at this point it is hard to determine what caused it. I agree that feeding gators is at least wrong
    and dangerous. Kind of like feeding a damn rattle snake...if you are
    bitten...you should have known...the damn thing is a rattle snake. One
    woman was jogging along a canal at night...gators hunt at night generally
    as I understand...why would they put their selves at risk. One thing I
    wonder is, were the gators that attacked these women male gators. Not
    to be risque but these were young women...just wonder if they if they
    had the scent of a female. We will never know for sure...but one thing I
    have learned is that as people live around the wildlife in their areas...they
    get used to them and often forget that some animals can be dangerous.

12. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Heck, I misread the post I thought it said gator gone wild I thought Jim had went off the deep end:embarassed: :tounge_out:

13. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Okay, yeh, were talking reptiles and not football teams. Could have went either way for a minute there. I think it all boils back to Darwin's theory, and in this case the gator was smarter than the human.

14. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    From what I heard from a DNR officer 2 of the gators were female and Nest were near the attack sites. If this was the case then they were just protecting there nest from what they saw as a threat

15. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    The gators were there 1st. People have to relize that. They moved into the gators home. Kind of like putting up a house across from a hog farm then complaining about the smell.
    Bill