Gator rods need some help

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by jdstraka, May 11, 2006.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi Men. I have a little bit of a problem and could some advice and input. now Ive reading about this man named GATOR and he makes custom fishing rods and from what I have learned I guess there to die for.But the little woman thinks i have too many rod and reel combos now, I havent counted lately but some where around 50 or so. now she runs the checking account because if I did I would have at least 100 who ever dies with the most toys wins RIGHT!!! and we all know that.so I have a plan I think Ill take her out for a nice steak dinner and a littlecandle light. maybe a Dozen yellow roses her favorite, and go down to the halmark store and get a nice mushie card that says something like maybe(DARLING YOUR THE ONLY REASON I CHEETED ON MY EX WIFE) you know something like that pertains to us personaly.Gosh the things a man has to do for a new rod. JUST aint right!!! what do you think men will that work? Any other Ideas or sugestions that have worked for you in the past, THANKS Bigcatman0816.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Tell her that for the particular spiecies, and type of rigs you will be using, one of Gator's custom rods will be the best bet as most other rods will break. Causing you to have to purchase new ones, over and over. Thus, pushing the cost way up over the cost of a Gator rod.

Might work

3. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I think that's a great idea. It's pretty funny too.:big_smile:

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Well I think you got it bad but if you can slip a few payments out that would also work....LOL

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Checkbook $X.XX............Surprise Gift for Wife (Really Gator Rod)

Sounds good to me, tell her future surprise. LMAO

6. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Of course if you have a few Penn's we may be able to work on something else...hhhhhhmmmmm!???

7. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Tell her you sold your other rods so you could get her that steak dinner and dozen roses, that may help. :roll_eyes:

8. Aftercats

Aftercats New Member

State:
    Tennesse
    Hey MOTHER'S DAY is here! Use your head!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!

:lol: Daryl

9. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    There you go Gator is willing to give you a rod for a couple reels. That ought to make your wife happy. See your lowering your # of rods/reels, "just for her". :lol:

10. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Wow, fifty rod and reel combos. I have probably owned that many in my lifetime, but at once, wow. :smile2:

Your the first person I've read about on here to have more equipment than H2O Mellon. :tounge_out: But to be fair, he did just get rid of some stuff.

11. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    When that Gator feller gets healed back up and ready for action, I need to talk to him also about something along the lines of a Flathead Special for Blue Cats:wink: ....LOL

12. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Take a que from Homer Simpson.

Buy the rod for her for Mother's Day or something, and have your name painted on the side, but be sure and tell her that is the name of the rod and assure her it is hers but you will be glad to break it in for her.

13. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    I am working on rods just slowly right now as I still have my stiches in and the physical tourcher is killing me....LOL But send me a PM and we will go from there.

14. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Chubbahead, I have about 64 last count and did get 3 reels from H2O and am always looking for more.....Got some you want to part with?????

15. chubbahead

chubbahead Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jim, you just gave me an idea that could increase your business. I probably do have pieces of around 50 rods laying around. Most that went into the car door or cieling fan. :big_smile: I could send you all my broken equipment, and you could start an aftermarket division of Gator rods. All the hard work and labor that you put into them, just with miscellaneous parts. I guess it would be more of remanufactured or rebuilt instead of aftermarket. Sell a bit cheaper for those buyers on budget. Would like to hire me for marketing. :smile2:

16. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Send them on those I fix up like that mostly go to the local boy scouts here, or I use them my self. I have never tried to sale any but I would give them away.