Gator pic from Lake Texana

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by allworknofish, Mar 28, 2007.

1. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    heres a pic of a little gator i caught the other night off a pier on lake texana. kinda tricky cause hes bigger than he looks in the pic...bout 4 foot, but the way his tail is turned in, he looks shorter. someone had caught it before cause there is a weedless jighead in the roof of his mouth. but not to worry any of you local law enforcement fellas....the gator was released unharmed and without the jig in his mouth......:big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Pretty cool, used to own a couple of gators. Thanks for sharing.

3. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i bet your gators made and awesome pair of boots though tea!

heck i bet that was a pretty good fight. i hooked into a gator about that size at cherokee lake by athens and it manhandled me and destroyed my rod, then broke the line. i was 13, and it scared the hell out of me. we were throwing scum frogs for bass at night under a light.
    good times

4. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Too cool Scott; I imagine there is alot bigger gators out there than the one you caught.

Jaime

5. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for sharing the pics bet that was fun trying to reel the gator in thanks for sharing

6. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    oh yeah....seen em up to about 13 or 14 foot in that lake....huge and plenty of them

7. jsk30

jsk30 New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for sharing Scott

8. chuck99

chuck99 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    They will chase and often catch topwater lures and buzzbaits.

9. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    that's cool, i couldnt imagine hookin somethin like that lol. but i heard for studies there is a guy that actually fishes for them! that would be an adventure

10. allworknofish

allworknofish New Member

State:
    texas
    :roll_eyes:

oh yeah...its a blast....enjoy a little of it every year. inbetween the noodlin and snake catchin i got to throw somethin in there a little dangerous