Gator- On the Do Not Call After 9 PM List.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gator, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Ok I would like to start off by saying I hope everybody had a great 4th as I did. I also hope all was safe.

Now I know that I am not the only one here who has at some point in time worked 2 jobs. I am doing that now as well as trying to do rods. Which is why I am posting this.

I try not to call no-one after 9pm there time as I fell that should be down time for them to spend with there families. There for I don’t think it to much to ask that people respect me and not call past 9 pm. I have always been willing to talk to the members here any time to try to help them out sometimes I am late but do try to keep my word as best as I can. But there are some here that just want to call and brag about there catches, or just to talk about nothing. They want to call every day some time 2 or 3 times a day and mostly between the hours of 10 pm and 11 pm. Now like I said I work 2 jobs and the alarm goes off at 5 am every day but Sunday. Now on Sunday I get to sleep late, if the phone don’t ring at 730 am to talk about the fish they caught Saturday night.

I said that to say this; If it is a emergency or it is very important then call 24/7 but if it is just to talk or brag about the fishing then please respect others. Don’t call someone past 9 pm or multiple times a day just to talk. What ever happened to respect for your fellow man. I mean treat others like you want to be treated. Would you want other to call you all hours of the day and night and multiple times at that? It is getting so bad the wife wants me to change our phone numbers. My phone has rang 6 different times to day all from the same person.

Does this happen to you? Have you ever regretted giving any one your phone number? What would you recommend that I do in a case like this? How rude should I get? I have ask them to refrain from calling past 9 pm but they keep doing it. They are starting to get to me like a bill collector or tel-a-marking jerk.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

It used to happen to me and I put a stop to it by answering the phone with you better be dieng are giving me a millon dollars. Even my own family doesn't call me after 10 pm unless its a emergency.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I hear ya Gator. Some folks figure I'm up so everyone else should be!

4. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I think I'd get pretty freakin' rude. I always try to be there for those I feel are friends. Having said that, someone who doesn't respect your time, doesn't respect you, and doesn't equal your friend. Just my 2 cents.

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks Gator, glad I am not one of those people that have made you mad. LMAO

I got tired of it and turned off my cell phone one night. My grandfater was rushed to the hospital that night and passed the next day. I only got to say my goodbyes for a few seconds before he passed.

So, one thing I do not suggest is turning off your ringer/phone. Just explain to them that you need sleep. If nothing else get their number blocked.

Good luck Gator.

6. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I agree with the post and if it was me I would give them what for. One time would be all they would call me past 9 and after that they would hear a lot of words that would fit there inconsiderate selfs.

7. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    RESPECT...it's a simple thing really

8. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    But Gator, don't you want to hear about my 2lb yellow belly at 3am??? :tounge_out:

I agree with ya, and would add DON"T CALL PEOPLE AT 5 AM EITHER!!!

My mother-in-law used to call us at 4:30-5am until I started "razzing" her about it....

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Jim,

Simply tell DH and JW :dribble: :big_smile_2: :beat_shot: (or whoever it may be) that if they don't respect your time frame, then you will be forced to take other actions.

10. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I call no one after 9PM and expect no one to call me after that. If you do, what you will hear is probably not what you would be expecting. I get up every morning at 5:30 AM and do not expect calls in between these times unless you are my daughter, wife will be right here with me. My wife is always in bed before nine so do not expect her to be woke up for any reason other than an emergency. Call after 9 and find out what you hear. Is someone dying? NO, then hang up and don't call till after eleven tomorrow, click. You won't find anyone home until about two in the afternoon, but you can start trying at eleven in the morning....lol

11. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Jim, you did a super job expressing your feelings in here. Now just do the same thing to those that may call you too late or too frequently. With some people, if you don't set limits they will walk all over you. And if they get their feelings hurr or get pi$$ed, they will just have to deal with it. You have the right to be treated fairly and with respect!

12. RamRod

RamRod New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Sorry Jim, I lost your number, could you post it again!

J/K hope things go well the next time that person calls ya. PM me your number.

13. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I wish I could say that I feel sorry for you brother but........ Patmansc put it into words very well. Be polite but let them know your rules.
    Good luck
    Larry

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Jim, I promise I wont call you from the river again at 1AM wanting a refresher course on the bimini knot. :lol:

15. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    I wake up between 4:30 and five ervery morning and have a do not call after 9 policy. The way I got people to respect it to return their call at 4:30 the next morning.

16. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Jim, sounds like you have had to learn the hard way, as have I, to keep that phone number close to the vest. I'm sorry to hear about the disrespect people have shown you as of late. Put a message on your answering machine that is REALLY long and turn the volume down and the ringer off......I'm on the national do not call list for telemarketers, but still have problems with them. Luckily, the few BOC members who have my number know when it's suitable to call me (at least I think they do:lol:). Heck, I don't even wanna call my dad anymore; his message says this: "All telemarketers, hang up now. Close friends who wish to take us to dinner, stay on the line. Doctors and pharmacists, leave a message; we want to stay healthy. These directions are given in Christian love. Have a great day!" 'Bout enough to stop anybody dead in their tracks :big_smile:. Hopefully you have a cell phone and that ISN'T the number you've been giving people. Let your family know which line to use for emergency purposes and keep that one close at hand. Just don't give that number to anyone you think might abuse the privelege. Respect isn't a given, it has to be earned. It sounds as if some people haven't been doing very well earning yours.

17. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I am with you on this Jimmy rest assured I will never call you after 9 pm. As during the work week I hit the bed at 8 pm.

18. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tell them youll call em back and hang up. Some people just never get the hint.

19. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I hate phones and cell phones go in lake around me.

20. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Jim I don't blame you one bit. Some people don't have respect for other people. Myself I hate phones.