Gator announcement

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Gomer, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Gomer

Gomer New Member

State:
    ladson,sc
    I talked to one of the nurses who worked on the guy at shortstay last week, and she said he was noodling in the corner on the lake and ran into the gators den under water and ran his hand either into the gators mouth or grabbed his head and he just bite him. So that is just what happened (sorry the gator had to die to get his arm back) his arm was to mangled to have it replaced and by what I hear he is doing good on his recovery.

2. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Good to hear his recovery is going well. Thanks for the info it sheds alot of light on this story.

3. Muze226

Muze226 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    This wa in SC? I'm in the upstate & we don't have any gators here! Glad to hear he's doing ok, best of luck to him!

4. harper81

harper81 Member

State:
    Summerville, SC
    I don't want to sound like and ass, but noodling in gator infested waters? This is one of those thinning out the gene pool type of incidents. I mean this might be one of the dumbest humans alive. Sorry but it had to be said.

5. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    hmmmmm...this is good information to know...noodling huh?...so the gator didn't attack...the guy attacked the gator...alright i'm gonna leave this alone cause y'all know how i feel!!!!!!!

6. BassTrackerMac

BassTrackerMac New Member

State:
    Liberty, SC
    Like the rest of you folks, it sounds as if this guy was really asking for it. As long as we (humans) continue to encrouch on these wild animals' territories, this type of thing will happen again and again. I'm not against noodling (never done it), but this guy has to realize what body of water he is messing around in. I will freely admit I am scared of sticking my hand/arm up some hole underwater and admit I don't have the guts to do it. However, I still have my arm attached to my body. It's a shame the poor gator lost his life over the ignorance of a human.....again:eek:oooh:

7. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Bill, you hit the nail right on the head. I know for a fact I am not the smartest man in the world; but I know I would never go noodling in a lake that gators. I was actually felling sorry for the guy. All in all glad he is doing ok.

Jaime

8. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Good thing he's doing ok also, but he had to know there was potential gators in that lake!!!I mean they don't exist in a lake & nobody knows about it, esp the wardens!!! sad the gator had to die, i think they are interesting animals & afterall they were here looooooong before we were. He went into his habitat.Enough said!!!

9. daddyrabbit

daddyrabbit New Member

State:
    Lake City S.C.
    At least he has 1 more arm to noodle with. Hopefully the next gator won't have to die.