Gatlinburg area anyone?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Cattledogz, May 8, 2006.

1. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Thought I would check and see if any of y'all were near the COsby, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge area. We will be in a cabin in that area from May 17 through the 28.
    Any good fishing in that area at all?
    Thanks.

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    My family used to own a condo down there. The only thing I remember was tons of people fly fishing for rainbow trout.

3. Knoxcats

Knoxcats New Member

State:
    Knoxville, TN
    The Gatlinburg - Pigeon Forge area is just a short drive from Douglas Lake and it's tailwater, the French Broad river. For a time, the French Broad river held the Tennessee state record for blue cat. Just take Highway 66 through Sevierville, and turn right on S.R. 139. Follow the signs to Douglas Dam. Boat rentals are available on the lake, with several good bank fishing access spots.

Let me know if you need any further information.

4. Cattledogz

Cattledogz New Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks Knox.
    I was hoping as much to meet some fellow BOCers as I was to find fishing spots.
    Will have to go check out the dam one day while there. We are actually staying about 20 miles the other side of Gatlinburg (outside Cosby).

5. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    My uncle lives on Douglas Lake and I have fished the dam area they do pretty good on catfish there, Sometime this summer I am planing on fishing the lake out of the boat just got to get the time to go there and spend a few days, its about a 4 1/2 hour drive for me from here.

6. FordTruckGuySTX

FordTruckGuySTX New Member

State:
    Caryville, TN
    I'm wanting to try the French Broad in the near future, I know in the Pigeon River no luck on cats but I have flat wore out smallmouth bass in that little river.