Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by Skunk Master, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey guys, we need to get back to planning this years gathering.. I put it back up on top in the Gatherings section under Catstock V.. Go there and add your 2 cents worth so we can get things rolling..

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep. it coming again aint it. cant wait.

3. gander

gander New Member

State:
    jerseyville IL
    lets get togather an get this going let me know

4. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I've posted some info on the gathering under Catstock in the gathering section.. check it out and comment on it..

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
  6. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    hicks you read my mind I came here to post about the Illinois gathering but you beat me to it lets get this ball rolling
    you can put me down for a meat dish and a side for the main meal
    Trevor

7. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think my visit last year at the gathering cooked my goose for this year. My wife said no way. I even bought a trailer but she's not willing to travel 220 miles with it. Sorry guys, I'm up the creek with out the paddle.:sad2:

8. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    come without her Doyal

9. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Trevor, I can't go with out her, she will not let me. I talked her into going to a gathering at Ky and it looks like that might be the only one I go to this year. Sorry but I can't do every thing I like:smile2:

10. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    well doyal we will miss ya buddy maybe you can change her mind I here they got a super nice lodge there and lots of awsome cliffs and bluffs

11. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I reserved my spot for the gathering today.. I got a cabin for thursday, friday, and saterday nites.. I'm showing up a day early.. They now have 1 cabin and 12 campsites left that can be reserved.. Who's gonna be next to make their reservations.. Lets get the show on the road...

12. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    My dad and I will most likely be there Friday and Saturday. We'll either fish through the night or go home and drive up again Saturday evening. Hope to meet a lot of people.

13. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Aaron... you need to be there saterday morning for the breakfast.. I guarantee you won't be hungry afterwards..

14. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I suppose we could be pursuaded :big_smile: I will definitely bring something to share.

15. Bigdan99

Bigdan99 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm thinking about trying to make it out there for a day. It sounds like fun. Sure any day fishing with friends is fun.

16. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Dan... It's loads of fun.. Last year we spent more time visiting and BSing than we did fishing.. By the time you meet everyone and visit some it's almost past fishing time...

Screen... when are you gonna start taking orders for shirts..

17. muskyman

muskyman Active Member

State:
    Loudon TN
    Name:
    David
    Ok, I moved out here not long ago and I am still learning the bodies of water ; I would like to go to this gig, but where the heck is this ? Is this lower illinois on the mississippi where it meets the ohio ? Fill me in on where this is, and is good for big cats or just numbers ? I think my cousin and i are game, I just need more info.

18. bigredsbbq

bigredsbbq New Member

State:
    Illinois
    muskyman its not that far south more around the st louis area do a mapquest search for grafton Illinois thats where peir Marqette is or go to the gathering section look under the catstock 5 section it is on the Illinois where it meets w/ the mississippi
    you asked if there is big cats there, well alton is not far away thats where the world record blue was caught looking forward to meeting you I'll be there thursday thrue sunday
    Trevor

19. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    David... I haven't fished this part of the river... It's 20 miles north of Alton, Ill. I usually fish 8 miles above Alton, on the Mississippi.. I caught a 44 lb flathead and 20 to 30 lb blues all summer.. And too many eaters to keep count of.. When they are biting the fishings good and when they ain't... well it's just nice to be out there anyway...

20. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey guys... I need to update the gathering page.. Has anyone else got a campground or is everybodyelse waiting till the day they get there.. I think from what I heard that all the reservable sites are booked now.. All that is left is the first come first serve sites.. We also need to start working on the Saterday morning meal..