Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by TennesseeJugger, Sep 25, 2009.

1. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Who is all for a gathering in Middle Tn. before it gets to cold?

2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I want to wait till next spring where we can have more time to plan..Plus my vacation time is all tapped out till January..I'd like to have @ least 3-4 days off..I just don't think we'd be able to pull together a gathering with such short notice..Now if just a few guys want to get together for a weekend that works for me..

3. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Yeah I guess the Spring would be better, but I do want to organize a gathering to meet everyone.

4. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    So what do you think would be a good park to do a gathering here in Middle Tennessee??I'm not familiar with the area to good..I'm still learning since I moved from Louisiana..We need a good park with campsites and a boatramp..And of course good fishing..

5. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I think the last couple time they had one at Cumberland City and stayed at Erin. They fished the Cumberland. I would really like to see it on the Tenn river to show the difference between the two . New Johnsonville has about 3 motels and camden has more. Not far fron !40 either. I say before it gets to cold

6. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've been reviewing a few parks, let me look at them a little longer and i'll make a thread when I have a good plan. I will contact TN members that will be willing to bring food, etc. Also help set-up.. Les for sure is on the list. & welcome to the mighty BOC TNJugger.:wink:

7. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i live in mcEwen Tn about 17 mile east of Johnsonvile at Mile marker 95.6. Paris landing State park is OK ,north of here about 35miles. Goo spots alway from Cuba Landin (MM115 )to turkey Creek (MM86). Let me know if I can help, I also have 28' pontoon boat with plenty room

8. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Will do.:wink: Thank you.

9. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I have never been to the TN river. What is the difference between the TN and the cumberland? It is much wider? I am going to look at a map here in a few and look at it. But i would like to hear from someone that has fished them both. And i get home in 21 days so lets do some fishing and hunting.

10. ibmeubu

ibmeubu New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Hey Sarg, how short are you now. the tenn is a mile plus wide in some places about max70ft most 38 .you need curent hear to catch, It has an old river bank and those drop offs is where the fish are, This is my home here. I was raised a commercial fisherman

11. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee

21 days. Got alot of things to do when i get home. 7 days of classes to make sure i dont want to go on a killing rampage. Then I get 4 days off, where I have to finish moving back into my house. Then i have to find the time to rip all the shingles off my roof and replaced them. Also replace the insulation in the ceiling that the rain leaked on as well as a piece of drywall in the ceiling that has a water spot on it. All this while shooting my bow and sighting in the muzzleloader and rifle. And spooling the reels with the power pro. And build a rod rack for the boat. and attach it to the boat. All this while fishing nights. Then after i get this done in the 4 days off i am taking 10 days of leave and going to hit the woods everyday and the water at night. So its going to be really busy for the first couple weeks but atleast i will be things i enjoy doing. Sorta i dont think i will enjoy replacing shingles. But its gotta be done.

12. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Hope ya arrive back safely Sgt. and the weather is good for the roofwork.:wink:

13. TennesseeJugger

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    How about long Hunter State park at Percy Priest Lake in Nashville?

14. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Now that right there sounds like a plan. Real quiet, peaceful and a dock to walk way out on. Thats good cat territory out there.

15. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you get a few folks to go fishing post it in the gathering spot and call it a mini gathering.Its a good way to meet a few people. you never know what kind of responce you will get.You pick the spot and time and see what happens.
    smokey

16. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Works for me..Thats a hop, skip and a jump for me...

17. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the advice there Joe. Hopefully there would be some folks up there interested in catfishing because I would love to hand out some BOC cards to get them sign up. One thing's for sure.. I wont be invisible with my yellow BOC cap and tee on! LOL!

18. bdporch

bdporch New Member

State:
    tennessee

Yo sgt. i got a friend does roofing and he like half price what everyone else is pm me if ya interested, ya he licensed and gurantees his work and welcome back and thx.